We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Product Management @ Canva The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows. It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.About the group and teamThe Businesses & Education Group is on a mission to empower businesses of all sizes to achieve their goals through visual communication. We are responsible for the overall product experience and success of our paid teams' products; Canva Pro & Enterprise. Whether you’re collaborating on an infographic, crafting marketing materials, or a building pitch deck for your business.Growing our adoption and expansion in businesses of all sizes has become a key strategy this year at the entire company level. Canva already counts many active users from over 85% of Fortune 1000 companies amongst our 60 million + MAUs, and this is growing rapidly every day, so we have a huge opportunity in front of us.The Teams Product group within the Businesses and Education supergroup is looking to add an additional product manager for the Business Teams team. This team is responsible for looking after our B2B free and paid teams. We are early in our journey and there is a whole lot more to do to achieve our vision, so we are looking for someone to join us to help propel us towards our vision!
- You love working in a team of amazing people to achieve crazy big goals.
- You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with both engineering, design, marketing, sales and everyone else in between.
- You are great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and you use insights to prioritise your roadmap and identify high-impact opportunities.
- You have a strong UX skill set and thrive working closely with product design to make complex things simple.
Goals the candidate will achieve in the first 6-12 months
- Settle in and learn about your team and how users are using our free and paid teams products today
- Dive deep into our teams users behaviours and needs across our target verticals, forming ideas for new product features that can support the jobs to be done of these users.
- Form an outstanding relationship with the sales team to learn about how our teams customers are using Canva today.
- Analyse data to identify opportunities for improvement in our product today
- Launch and land a number of the exciting in flight projects to our users
- Develop, own and execute on the roadmap and strategy for our business teams products.
- Work as the product owner alongside a passionate, cross-functional team of engineers, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver an amazing experience to our users.
- Serve as the domain expert on teams at Canva.
- You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘How do we scale teams to support organizations with hundreds of thousands of users?’
- You will craft a strong user experience to give a flawless integration experience for our users
- Set crazy big goals for your team, and hit them!
Experience you will have
- Strong experience as a product manager of a software product, with B2B or enterprise SaaS a huge plus!
- Someone who enjoys working in a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- Really strong UX skill set.
- Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting it.
- A strong communicator who can influence cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Engineering or technical background to be able to speak the language of engineering and understand the trade-offs made as we build out solutions for tens of millions of users would be a huge plus.
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing.
- When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organize clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best.
- You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative.
- You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, dreaming up inventive solutions to solve challenging problems.
- You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You are a marketer at heart - You can demonstrate an understanding of the importance of growth, activation, and retention with respect to the platform and how that translates into user growth
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.