We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.About Design School
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.About You
We’re after a go-getter who loves building things, watching them grow, learning from the analytics and then building more!
Within the group, you'll be leading the product which is the Canva's Design School site, an online hub that offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields.
You will be responsible for re-building and scaling Design Schools. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
In this role, you'll be collaborating with the Design Education Leads to plan the product roadmap to deliver the next version of Canva Design School. You'll also be collaborating with other teams across the company to scope and deliver new integrations to drive new features within Design School.
- Systematically think through the learning process and develop relevant features to assist the learning journey.
- Working with internal stakeholders to formulate plans to solve team goals.
- Drive product strategy and provide leadership to your team in a fast-paced environment.
- Opportunity to give direct input to project direction and advocate product point of view.
- Collaborating across multiple teams to deliver the solutions for project goals.
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production.
- Process-driven. Able to manage multiple, complex projects, with differing deadlines - keep people on track and informed, and ensure the goals are clear and met.
Experience you'll have...
- You have 4+ years of experience in Product management and get excited when someone tells you to 10x your goal.
- You have experience (and delight!) in taking features and teams from chaos to clarity.
- You can work effectively with operational teams and other internal stakeholders to create a shared vision and get them excited about where the product is going.
- You know how to work closely with designers to map out journeys, pain points and opportunities to thrill your customers and stakeholders, alike.
- You have automated processes before and can show tangible improvements in time taken to complete tasks.
- You have knowledge of technical systems and can engage with engineers to work through tricky details during refinements.
- You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking technical teams and enabling them to build.
- It would be fantastic if you have experience in UGC, metadata systems and/or machine learning.
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva
- You will learn how to set crazy big goals and then work with the brightest people around to make the goals come true!
- You will learn how thrilling it is to build systems, products and teams from scratch.
- You will learn how to play close attention to the needs of international team members and international customers.
- You will learn how rewarding and impactful it is to work with cofounders and leaders who walk the talk and are values-led.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.