We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.* This is a freelance/remote opportunity for designers who can speak Arabic or have experience with Arab designsAbout the group and team
Our marketplace of templates provides the perfect place for our users to begin their design journey. The Canva team wants to work with talented designers from across the world, to redefine what’s possible for a template - creating a new benchmark for fresh, high-quality design content within our collection. We're aiming to build the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content - and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create amazing content.About the project
Canva is on a mission to democratise design through the localisation of our products -- and one of the ways we’re doing that is by making sure we have a library full of high-quality, market-bespoke contents for all of our key markets. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market. Working closely with copywriters, illustrators, market growth specialists and localisation specialists, you’ll be overseeing the end-to-end production rollout of the content library for this specific market.
Our template library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful designs - so we’re after self-motivated designers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering briefs. We’re interested in engaging designers on a 1-2 month project, with the opportunity of extending our relationship to ongoing, regular design work. You’ll be creating a multitude of Canva assets including logos, posters, videos, presentations, Instagram stories, social media content (video and static), book covers, banners (video and static) and editorial content for your locale.
- Create a range of fresh, varied and beautiful designs for our users in Egypt, United Arab Emirates & Saudi Arabia
- Create unique concepts for beautiful templates on various themes and topics that are specific to Egypt, United Arab Emirates & Saudi Arabia
- Create design assets such as illustrations and design elements to make the templates shine
- Suggest fresh design styles and creative directions that suit our users’ needs
- Experience as a Graphic, Brand or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of digital and print marketing materials
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Has a strong stylistic approach, and a strong foundation in what makes a good design
- Designs with the end user’s needs in mind
- Delivers great designs, on deadline and to brief
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your hourly rate
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.