We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Group
The Growth Specialty
in Manila aims to be the best design company in the world. That starts with hiring the best people and best people to support the different growth teams in Canva.
Lifecycle Marketing is a team that supports the entirety of Canva through marketing emails and mobile messages. We ensure that we grow high value users by launching and producing email and mobile campaigns.About the team
The Marketing & Engagement Group’s
mission is for Canva “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. We are scaling our team, budgets and operations to drive brand awareness and growth in our 100+ markets around the world. Marketing is still new as a function at Canva, and so we’re building a lot of our structures, cadences, budgets, processes and systems from the ground up.
With our mission to amplify Canva's story across digital touchpoints while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and intelligence.About the candidate
You’ll work as part of our Lifecycle Creative Team.
This role will cover a wide range of creative responsibilities from research, ideation, graphic designing for emails, push notifications and in-app messages.
You will be part of a vibrant and friendly Lifecycle creative team, producing engaging email and mobile creatives for our various marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how email marketing looks at Canva, delivering a wide variety of creative campaigns for our Lifecycle channels.
What you'll do...
- Design static and gif email and mobile messaging creatives - Partner with our growth marketers for Lifecycle campaigns on emails, push notifications and in-app messages.
- Come up with creative experiments - Partner with growth marketers when it comes to conducting experiments on designs and layout on how to drive engagement and trial conversions.
- Localise static and gif email and mobile messaging creatives for our Lifecycle channels.
- Creating customized decks for different initiatives of Lifecycle Marketing
Who you are...
- 2-4 years experience as a graphic designer, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns.
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for graphic design, branding and advertising.
- Strong visual communication skills, layout experience from typography and colour theory which you can use effectively in producing engaging ad creatives.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Good communication skills to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- A working knowledge in Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basic Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Knowledge in Figma or Sketch is a bonus!
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best motion design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers!
What you'll love in Canva...
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
- Equity options in one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- And definitely more!!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.