We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Working within the Creative Group, the Brand Creative Digital Team delivers digital experiences that help communicate Canva’s brand messaging and strategic company initiatives. The team's responsibility is to maintain and optimise digital experiences for critical company pages to showcase Canva's brand messaging, news, and insights. In this role, you'll be the technical face of the team, meeting with internal stakeholders and collaborating with the team's leadership to plan the engineering roadmap. The role will be a balance of technical leadership, rallying & working alongside team engineers whilst also getting your hands dirty within the code.
- You will have autonomy over the role and the team making it your own
- This is about Canva, it is describing the Canva message and what Canva lives for
- You are working with other disciplines such as Designers, PR other specialities as you share the Canva love globally
- Everyday brand new ideas and task are created that we want to work on - the possibilities are endless
- You will be able to make the Design POP and WOW for the audience
- You would be joining a team of 1 right now who you would coach and mentorThis is really exciting because it is completely Greenfield.
- We know we need to do this and the space is constantly growing with new ideas and creative activities
- Driving technical strategy and providing engineering leadership to your team in a fast-paced Marketing environment
- Opportunity to give direct input to project direction and advocate engineering point of view
- Collaborating across multiple teams to deliver the solutions for project goals
- Help support and grow the engineering within the team through coaching and planning
- Developing and iterating on technical proposals — outlining how solutions will be structured and developed
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production.
- Experienced with technical and people leadership — having previously led small high-performing teams of up to 4-5
- Coding proficiency at the level of an experienced software engineer with a specialisation in frontend
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing.
- Experienced in developing creative, interactive web pages.
Perks and Benefits
This role is open to remote applicants within Australia that do not need visa sponsorship. We will require occasional travel to Sydney up to three times per quarter, once it is safe to do so. The Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat. If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on complex, large-scale, online products that delight our millions of individual and business users alike all over the world - then apply now to be considered for the position! We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team in Sydney HQ
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga MembershipEnd-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.