We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
This is the rare chance to leave your mark on one of Canva’s newest communities: Canva Creators in France. The unique position you’re coming into is as the France Community Manager within the Creators Growth Team.
We are entering an exciting new phase for our Canva Marketplace, specifically, template and element creation where we will enable local designers, educators/teachers and NFPs to publish their own templates and elements for the Canva community to use. Who you are
You are a creative maven who loves bringing people together. You are mission-driven and a natural leader with a successful track record of engaging audiences both online and offline. You have a great ability to “read the room,” and can excite and unite a community around new ideas. You get things done with positive energy and a can-do attitude.
Comfortable navigating and managing social media tools, especially virtual event platforms, you have the creative vision to bring the community to life through online engagement, innovative activations and events. You are driven and passionate about community, user engagement, and providing people with a positive and exciting community experience. Every big idea starts somewhere—you can break down your concepts into milestone moments and match it with measurable KPIs.
Last but not least, you are resourceful and comfortable with taking the initiative to surprise and delight our design community. Must be fluent in written and spoken French and English.
What you'll be doing
- Build relationships with the Creator community through 1:1s, surveys, webinars, events and social meetups (virtual due to COVID);
- Host design competitions and other engaging activities;
- Manage and develop content for our Creators social media accounts;
- Develop and test experiential campaigns, of all sizes, to attract new Creators and deepen loyalty;
- Be the “face” of the Creators community and engage with designers across France;
- Act as the guide for French Creators at all points of their Creator journey;
- Write the weekly newsletters and moderate the social platforms where Creators hang;
- Create a content and events calendar that inspires and motivates our Creators;
- Publish your events to your Community room either through video post or discussion boards (must be comfortable with video!);
- Engage the Canva Creators community by creating relevant content and resources to support the community’s template and element production;
- Cultivate a sense of belonging amongst Creators, to build a strong and passionate network of loyal Canva Creators;
- Gather feedback from Creators and liaise with your team lead to build the next iterations for Canva Creators to ensure enthusiasm grows;
- Be the architect of belonging by identifying ways to help Creators up the commitment curve. Be the bee in the bees-knees.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.