We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Role As Canva’s Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for managing Canva’s social media presence and creating social media content alongside the Social Media Leads. You’ll play a key role in establishing Canva as a tool for the workplace and elevating and celebrating the stories of our community.You’ll work collaboratively with peers across brand marketing, creative, PR & Comms, growth marketing and more to position Canva as a thought leader in design, and drive awareness, adoption and affinity across our 65+ million users. We’re looking for a creative and strategic storyteller who is excited to build Canva’s social media presence in this space and help us drive global social media conversation and brand engagement.
What You'll Do
- Support with development of our social media content calendar; develop, brief and create content to support marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Come up with innovative and creative solutions to position Canva as a thought leader in design.
- Get hands-on with content creation (copy and visuals) across our social media channels using Canva.
- Be a brand guardian for our social media content across all channels, ensuring we establish a strong tone of voice and represent our values.
- Work alongside the broader marketing team to develop innovative social brand campaigns that position Canva as the most loved brand and deliver against our business goals.
- Monitor social media trends and the competitive landscape to create strategic decisions for Canva’s brand.
- React to world and social media trends to increase Canva’s brand awareness.
Who You'll Be
Being a Force for good.
- 3-5+ years experience in social media content strategy and execution.
- Experience with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Khoros, Monday.com, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Looker, Canva)
- A creative thinker with hands-on experience creating content for brands in Canva, with basic video editing skills.
- A fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, video content, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, brands and social insights.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to develop an in-depth understanding of Canva’s audiences.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Expert knowledge of all social media networks, and how best to leverage them, in particular, Linkedin, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram).
- Ability to manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to balance the big picture with short term needs and initiatives.
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery, with the ability to adapt quickly to market trends and business priorities.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.