We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Information Technology Group’s vision is to maximize the potential of every Canvanaut through world class technology & service. The group consists of Business Systems, Global Procurement, Global Workforce, and internal infrastructure (tech support, internal apps, system operations). This is a new group where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups. The business systems sub-group of the Information Technology (“IT”) group drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale.
The User Voice Systems team evaluates, implements and administers the technology stack that support the service desk processes; e.g. event management, chat, self-service, incident management, problem management, request fulfilment, access management. This team partners with the User Voice Group leaders to realise their strategic goals thru scalable and reliable business solutions.About the role
The User Voice Systems Lead role will lead and grow the technology team that builds a service desk platform that is secure, reliable and scalable to 1 billion MAUs (Monthly, Active, Users).
The Team Lead will apply their service desk tech and process expertise to build a systems support team, develop a service desk platform strategy and lead the execution of the service desk platform roadmap. They will bring their strong expertise in service desk motions to partner with User Voice, Sales and Success leaders to optimise processes and apply technical solutions that yield the best return on investment
What you'll do:
- Build and lead, Lead and manage team of onshore/offshore User Voice Systems analysts, QAs, administrators & developers
- Strategy, Develop and execute the service desk system strategy, structure and processes (vent management, chat, self-service, incident management, problem management, request fulfilment, access management) that enable the User Voice Group vision and goals.
- Be part of the team, serve as the business owner of SFDC and other sales tools for daily business management.
- Business process improvements, Own and drive Zendesk enhancements designed to reduce service desk agent friction and improve effectiveness
- Solution orientated, Partner with User Voice and Success teams to deliver service desk enablement technology.
- Customer centric, Handle day-to-day administration of Zendesk including end user support, scaling, account management, data quality, error troubleshooting, etc.
- Communication, to proactively identify obstacles or process inefficiencies and manage complex projects to streamline or automate service desk processes.
- Collaborate, effectively with other business partners and departments such as Finance, Marketing, and Product Management to develop and execute the service desk strategy
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or IT. MBA a plus
- Six or more years of relevant Business Systems management work experience
- Five or more years of experience in Sales / Business Operations, preferably at a SaaS company.
- Three or more years of experience managing onshore and offshore resources
- Preferably Zendesk certifications – Support Administrator, Chat Specialist
- Preferably experience with applications such as Salesforce, Zendesk and Drift
- Cultivated strong trusting customer relationships at executive levels.
We Value Candidates Who:
Being a Force for good.
- Are Able to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), Canva is growing and we need you to help us navigate our way through different complexities as we continue to scale.
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You are solutions orientated but focus on strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardising the quality of either.
- Able to work under pressure whilst keeping a calm demeanour, you can juggle multiple tasks, people and systems of varying complexities and deadlines.
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.