We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About The Talent Acquisition Team
Our mission is to grow the world's best team. We do this by connecting talent with Canva's magic globally, hiring Canvanauts who add to our inclusive culture and help us achieve our crazy big goals.
We like to think of ourselves as Canva's secret ingredient. We’re at the heart of everything Canva does - finding the best of the best to help Canva continue to scale at speed. Working in Canva's Talent Acquisition squad, you'll be responsible for growing the unique and diverse team that builds Canva - making a tangible difference to the lives of others every single day.
By joining theTalent Acquisition team, you’ll advocate for bringing our mission to life everyday through your actions and behaviours. To your fellow Canvanauts,
you’ll be their trusted partner - here to advise on best practices, share insights and help scale their teams to achieve their crazy big goals whilst focussing on quality and experience. To your candidates,
you’ll be a master storyteller - helping them understand the good they can do and impact they can make, ensuring they can picture themselves at the centre of the Canva story. And to your team,
you’ll be part of a collaborative crew focused on growth - Canva’s growth, our own team growth and most importantly, your own growth. We’ll create peak career moments, through tools, enablement and experiences designed to help you hone your craft, develop new skills and truly thrive. About the role
Due to our continued global growth, we are looking for an experienced Recruiting Leader who has a passion and love for all things design. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing a recruitment strategy that will help Canva 10x the size of design specialty over the next 3 years. As a leader on the team you’ll work closely with the broader people team, multiple stakeholders and Canva’s ‘Super Groups’, to truly understand their goal, challenges, hiring needs and priorities. You’ll apply your domain expertise to drive strategy & operational excellence in talent engagement, attraction, assessment and inclusive hiring. You’ll be comfortable using data and insights to set these hiring plans and will lead, inspire and coach a team of recruiting leads, recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators to deliver against these plans … oh, and celebrate when they deliver on them!
To be truly successful in this role you’ll be empathetic, flexible, and fallible. You’ll listen actively and always seek to understand, adapting your strategies to suit Canva’s needs. You’ll be unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate and improve on our processes and frameworks. You’ll be passionate about building global and scalable world-class recruiting practices with a constant eye on building for the future.
But it's not just recruitment that you'll focus on. There's scope to work across a broad range of projects and build and develop new teams to help us reach our crazy big goals. We invest our time and energy into ensuring you grow and learn the skills you need to succeed. Our open culture results in Canva being one of the most inspiring, engaged, inclusive, and productive places you can work. It's a place where everyone grows together.
What we're looking for
- You have 8 + years of experience in internal recruitment roles, including people leadership with a successful track record of hiring top creative talent and developing attraction strategies.
- You have at least 3 + years of experience leading a team of recruiters
- You have a keen eye and love for exceptional and beautiful design
- You love to work in an open and collaborative environment, where you’ll be coordinating and communicating with teams around the world.
- You value diversity and take pride in building a team that brings together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression. Cultural sensitivity and passion for working with a diverse team across different time zones
- You’re a hustler! You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated recruiting leader who loves what you do. You’re able to think big and set big goals and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations across the role.
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders and senior management.
- You are a strong advocate for candidate experience.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.