We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Responsibilities
Currently the China growth marketing team doesn’t have any specialized graphic & motion designers and we are sharing designers with the brand marketing team. In order to increase MAU from 1.5M to 5M by the end of 2022, we need to invest a lot more on Performance marketing, it will require us to triple the output of PerMar creatives to scale spending. And Lifecycle marketing and SEO is also under the China growth marketing team which their work also requires lots of visual support such as landing page banner design, in-app message banner design etc. So we need to hire one full-time Graphic & Motion Designer to support the team to achieve our goals.
What this role will do
- Design, localise, and refresh static ad creatives for our paid channels and campaigns.Produce engaging paid motion design video ads. These videos will be used in different media platforms (mobile, web, etc.) and channels (Tiktok, Wechat etc.).
- Support scale for global campaigns through creative cascading for various placements and ratios.
- Design visual creatives for in-app message, trending collection banner for lifecycle marketing purpose.
- Design head banner for SEO landing pages and localise creatives from global SEO landing pages.
- Occasionally design templates for the lifecycle marketing team for user operation purposes.
- Support the Creative Team in accomplishing graphic design tasks for ongoing and upcoming projects to fulfill deliverables according to timelines
Experience the candidate will have
- 1+ years of experience as a Visual Designer creating a diverse range of marketing materials.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for creative thinking, brand systems, art direction and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design skills and mastery of typography, color, and layouts. Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge of video editing and motion design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them. (Canva will become an integral part of your design toolkit!)
- Ability to read and write in English
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling.
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.