We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the TeamThe Print & Partnerships group is building the best creation tool in the world for print products and unleashing the power of Canva via print and digital partnerships (Canva for Partners) with the world’s leading organizations Growing Canva Print has become a key goal this year and our group is doubling down on doing a wide range of new product initiatives to drive the team’s growth while developing e-commerce foundations to accelerate Canva’s vision to empower the world to truly design anything, and publish anywhere.We’ve seen incredible growth and we are rapidly scaling in this space, but there is a whole lot more to do to achieve our vision and so we are looking for a product designer to join us and help propel us towards our mission.Role MissionAs the Print Operations Manager, you will grow, manage, and scale our Print Operations team and Print Servicer Provider Network(PSP). You’ll own the planning and execution of the Print’s overall manufacturing goals and customer experience goals that ensure a delightful product experience. You will focus on putting in place the operational, metrics, systems, and processes needed to scale. You will serve as an escalation point for issues between our PSPs, Customer Happiness, and our engineering teams. As a leader on this team, you will also identify, scope, and drive operations initiatives around quality, production times, operational excellence, and packaging to ensure the team meets our crazy big goals. You will develop partnerships with other Canva stakeholders to ensure decisions are informed with clear and direct insights through the voice of the customer. This role will manage PSP metrics from objective setting through execution, reporting, and as the champion of results.
What you'll do
- Responsible for operational data and performance review and measurement, quality, and productivity metrics
- Analyze performance metrics and communicate with Print Partners and Team for areas of success and improvement
- Identify and communicate areas of concern in operations and in product quality.
- Create and update Print Operations SOP and Process Guides
- Provide additional support as needed to support FINOps and Customer Happiness OPS
- Maintain data, reporting, and support process improvement decisions
- Assist in Product/Feature integration projects
- Document any issues and the corrections made
- Conduct new Product Development, competitor site, and product research
- Conduct onsite Print Partners visits as required
- Lead customer insights generation focusing on customers with specific products and regions.
- Design, oversee implementation, analyze, communicate, and promote the results of specific insights projects drawing on previous studies to enrich findings
- Work as a strategic partner with Customer Happiness Specialty, understand plans, develop and implement improved processes and procedures from user insights as appropriate, and also provide customer-focused input to product, operations, and marketing
- Champion insights, promote and circulate using a variety of tools such as executive summaries, presentations, and project plans
What we're looking for
- Proven leader who has played an instrumental role in building, leading, and growing a high-performing operations team.
- Experience in E-commerce physical product fulfillment in a global setting is a requirement
- Extensive experience working with a PSP network and outsourced manufacturing.
- 8+ years of progressive Print Operations experience in high-growth companies, preferably within the e-commerce manufacturing on-demand industry.
- Bias toward action; understands what it means to move fast, pivot, have a growth mindset, collaborate cross-functionally, and bring people together towards a common goal.
- Natural empathy for the customer while understanding how to balance communication-based on the priorities and capabilities of the company.
- Demonstrated experience establishing robust metrics and analysis (Quality metrics, productivity, SLAs, and KPIs) and leveraging for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and analytic skills (including problem-solving), as well as the ability and confidence to draw conclusions, formulate recommendations, and partner with colleagues to implement findings.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, demonstrates flexibility in readiness to prioritize and maintain a result orientation.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.