We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About Canva Creators
Canva Creators is a new product within Canva that allows Creators to create, publish and earn from their designs on Canva. We launched our beta product in June 2020 and we are now starting to build our Marketplace with quality Designers, Educators and Non-profits.
Our mission is to build the world’s best design marketplace and community, helping creatives from around the world produce high-quality, highly usable and super relevant templates to fulfill our users' needs and to become the go-to place for all things related to design.
To ensure teachers and students can find resources for every subject, grade, and classroom need right from the Canva marketplace, Creators is empowering teachers all over the world to add learning resources to our marketplace. We are looking for a skilled and experienced educator, with a strong design eye, to review educational templates and resources created within Canva’s drag-and-drop design tool. The goal will be to assess each template on the overall quality of each design, ensuring we maintain a high standard of quality for content in the Canva marketplace.
The position requires high attention to detail, ability to problem solve and ability to work autonomously. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining high standards in education and design.
As an Education Reviewer for Canva Creators, you will:
- Review templates and resources submitted to the Canva library by Education Creators for their visual quality and educational content.
- Ensure educational content submitted meets curriculum / syllabus standards.
- Ensure visual quality standards for Education Creator templates are met.
- Assess Education Creator applications to the Creators program, to assess their suitability for the program based on skills in design and pedagogy.
- Work closely with the Creators Education team to identify areas of opportunity for Creator growth or improvement.
- Provide feedback and support to Creators Acquisition and Review teams to identify key areas of improvement or refinement within their associated processes.
Experience we're looking for
- Experience in education: you will be assessing content and resources designed for teachers and students so this is a must!
- A strong understanding of educator needs, particularly with classroom practice is desirable.
- An eye for design aesthetics and foundational design principles.
- Work flexibly with a fast-moving, evolving product.
- Experience working with different stakeholders, keeping calm under pressure, working well with others and communicating clearly.
To apply, please provide
- A PDF file or link to your portfolio
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.