We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.The role and teamAre you a data-driven Senior SEO specialist who loves to optimise websites for both search engines and end users? Do you have a passion for learning through continuous experimentation? If so, this is the perfect role for you!Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a talented Senior SEO specialist to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of international growth. As a Senior SEO Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Canva’s global SEO strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll think like an owner and work closely with a cross functional team in rallying towards ambitious SEO goals.You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you’re confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a knack for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Be a driving force in the creation and prioritisation of the SEO roadmap, as well as seeking alignment and buy-in with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, designers and data analysts to drive SEO projects from planning to execution followed by post-implementation analysis and reporting.
- Set clear SEO goals, KPIs and requirements to dene and measure what success looks like.
- Educate and evangelize SEO so everyone is aligned on a common vision of organic acquisition across the business.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and algorithms to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities.
- Scale and improve SEO workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency.
What we're looking for:
- A candidate with 5+ years of in-house or agency experience with a proven track record of growing SEO.
- A deep understanding of search across all international markets, social networks and SAAS products driven by SEO.
- A well-rounded SEO that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making.
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits as well as SEO/CRO experimentation.
- A natural leader and communicator in making complex SEO concepts simple.
- You are comfortable with documentation to dene and rene SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements.
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Botify.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options in one of the world's fastest growing companies.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Free Yoga membership.
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology companies and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for two years in a row. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.