A BIT ABOUT US
At Class, we transform the way businesses do work. As an ASX-listed Australian technology company, we champion automation, simplicity and connectivity for the wealth accounting industry through innovative cloud solutions. Since 2009, Class pioneered the SMSF administration’s move to the cloud with Class Super. Today, we’re the trusted technology partner to Australia’s leading accounting, auditing and financial advisory firms.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as Australia's #1 SMSF Software Provider & Administration Platform in 2021). Our people are Class's biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Class mates” and be a people-first culture.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to take a lead role in driving the adoption of DevOps practices and processes within Class. This role sits within our Platform area and you will work across both our Class and NowInfinity projects.
We are looking for a like -minded pro-active Engineer eager to work within high performing team and make a real difference!
- Assist engineers with driving improvements CI/CD tools, Configuration management, AWS networking infrastructure, Security, Logging and monitoring, System performance and Cost engineering
- Identify opportunities to simplify or automate systems and processes
- Assist/guide other teams in adopting DevOps based tools and processes
- Identify and document non-functional system requirements (budget, performance, etc)
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to team members\
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Follow Class processes, standards, and conventions for software development.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience with databases, especially PostgreSQL. DB upgrades, restore and failovers
- Bash, PowerShell scripting and server administration experience for both Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with AWS, especially Cloud Formation (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3 and Route 53)
- Experience with Python, Java or a similar language
- Experience with containerisation, especially Docker and repository management system
- Experience with Git or a comparable DVCS.
- As a bonus, you will have the following however these are not essential:
- Strong knowledge of core Agile and DevOps principles and practices, especially Scrum and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with Microsoft ecosystem including Azure, O365.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian dev tools suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, BitBucket)
- Experience with log aggregation and monitoring platforms, such as Sumo Logic and DataDog.
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS, TLS and Apache HTTP Server (httpd)
THE CLASS STORY
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, highly innovative environment.
- World-class cross-team communication skills.
- Ability to take accountability & ownership on delivery of work.
- Be willing and committed to flex approaches as challenges arise.
Class is heavily focused on technology innovation, attracting the best talent and delivering on our Reimagination strategy. We are in an exciting growth phase, and this opportunity will truly make an impact as we evolve into a world class organisation!Perks@Class
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks, meditation and mental health webinars- A consultation on your finances with a trusted partner, and a discounted financial advisory service- Enjoy choice and flex on how/when you work- Access to free counselling via our Employee Assistance Program- Discounted health insurance and gym membership- Take more holidays via purchased leave- Give back with our charity partner, Solar Buddy- Grow and learn through our Innovation Labs, external speaker series, and internal MasterCLASS events!Check out our Hackathon!
Follow us on socials:LinkedIn
and our Class website
to find out what's it's really like to work here.
At Class we pride ourselves being an inclusive employer of choice where are people can bring their whole selves to work and feel 100% safe and supported to do so. If don't feel you fit this role 100%, we would still love to hear from you! Tell us what you're interested in - you still might have a skill we didn't realize we needed!
"We Are Reimagineers. Transforming Technology. Delivering with Heart."
*As part of our process, a police check will be conducted on all successful candidates*“We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”