We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Product Management @ Canva The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows. It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.About the teamThe Teams Product Group within the businesses and education supergroup is on a mission to inspire everyone to create together. We are responsible for how teams of all kinds work together in Canva, from how they manage their content, how they collaborate and how they come together as teams to achieve their goals in Canva. In the Teams product group we look after teams of all kinds from Education to Enterprise. The Content Management team is responsible for building the capabilities customers use to add, manage, organise, find and share all of their personal & team content across Canva. Building the world's best Content Management experience is a core company strategy for Canva in 2021 and beyond, and we. We are early on in our journey and there is a whole lot more to do to achieve our vision of being used everyday by every team, school and workplace. To help us get there,we are looking for an Associate Product Manager for the Content Management Team to help propel us towards our vision. The Content Management team sits within Teams Product who build the core experience of how teams work together and collaborate in Canva. They want to Power creativity, work and learning with collaborative design and delightful content management.
- Define the long term strategy and roadmap for content management
- Be responsible for executing and collaborating on product strategy, roadmapping, and prioritisation as the product grows
- Support engineering enquiries as they build features and help remove any blockers preventing progress on our goals.
- This may involve participating in key agile ceremonies with the team.
- Utilise customer feedback, data analysis, market research and the experience of other teams internally to feed into the product roadmap and provide amazing product features and recommendations
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the engineering and design teams to deliver on the teams’ vision and build world leading products
- We’re after a go-getter who loves building things, watching them grow, learning from the analytics and then building more!
- We want someone who is comfortable getting their hands dirty and owning initiatives end to end - from Discovery through Delivery, Go to market, then to Iteration.
- The person who gets this role will thrive in situations where we don’t have all available information.
- They can balance the information that they have available to them and map out a path to clarity and execution.
- This person will remove blockers and do everything to ensure delivery teams can build features with no interruptions!
- You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales and everyone else in between.
Goals you'll achieve in the first 6 months
- Settle in and learn about your team and how users find the content management experience in Canva today Work with the Content Management team to ship new features
- Partner with our design researcher to dive deep into our content management users, identify jobs to be done, pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Work on creating your team's roadmap to plan out future seasons of work with your team.
- Over time you will take ownership of the roadmap.
- Build relationships with other key PMs at Canva to ensure Content Management is part of other key groups roadmaps.
- Work with Analytics to establish and continuously track and improve success metrics
- You have 3 years of work experience in software - in a closely related role or product owner role.
- You have an ownership mindset and love seeing things through
- You have high agency and are proactive in achieving goals
- You have entrepreneurial experience in any domain
- You’re outcome driven and live for deriving actionable insights from data
- You love building things from scratchYou can handle ambiguity
- You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking technical teams and enabling them to build
- You know how to take a product from an idea through delivery and into customers hands
- You can put on a technical hat to work through tricky details during refinements
- Strong communication skills, with a style that imparts both clarity and empathy
- The ability to think from diverse perspectives, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders while also considering the big picture
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.