We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Team & role
The mission for the PR, Social, and Communities sub-group is to turn Canva into a household name by evangelizing the product and the people, as well as to empower the global community to reach their goals and realize their full potential.
The team focuses on owned, earned, and paid media across key growth markets and through programs such media relations, reviews, thought leadership, product placements, native advertising, sponsorships, brand partnerships, social media storytelling, and community. We’re also instrumental in bringing our values to life through our growing social impact efforts, covering Education, Nonprofits, and Sustainability.
The UGC Community Stories Coordinator will join the PR team and their focus will be to uncover and bring amazing Canva community stories to life, showcasing your strengths in great digital storytelling and social media strategy. The Community Stories Coordinator will work side by side with the Community Stories Lead, plus the Consumer PR, and Social Media teams to spotlight the impact Canva has had on our customers’ lives.
You’ll be a creative and strategic thinker with experience in seeking out high-value content in the wild on social media platforms. You’ll be someone who is comfortable with community outreach, interviewing, and excellent at building relationships with real-world users.
You’ll live and breathe social and cultural trends, dive deep into data and social media analytics tools, and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to social-led storytelling and developing compelling and creative ways to showcase community stories via Canva’s owned channels.
What you'll do
- Support the Community Stories Lead in steering the overarching customer story strategy.
- Creatively develop ways to showcase stories via digital, video, audio, and print, including steering the brief for production teams, and delivering content on deadline.
- Contribute to building a bank of high-value community stories for promotional opportunities via various channels, including Canva’s social media platforms, website, and PR.
- Align storytelling opportunities with the strategic editorial calendar, identifying timely and compelling ways to showcase community stories via multiple channels.
- Seek out and verify high-value user-generated community content on social channels; collaborate with the Community Team to pull out #canvalove content for UGC-led content.
- Conduct outreach with existing and potential Canva community members and nurture storytelling opportunities, including ideation, development, editorial and promotion.
- Collaborate with relevant teams and resources to execute community story call-outs as needed (e.g. Community Managers, Email, Influencer Marketing etc).
- Continuously evolve our approach to social-led storytelling and UGC through the use of insights and data, with a clear understanding of how this impacts the content’s success.
- Strategise and develop new content ideas based on the Global Marketing Calendar with an understanding of key upcoming moments for both the product and international holidays/global events, plus any additional ad-hoc opportunities that may arise.
- Be passionate about social content and social-led storytelling!
Who you'll be
- A proven creative storyteller with at least +3 years’ experience in social media content production, digital newsrooms, and/or community management.
- A creative thinker willing to dive in head-first to collect and create content.
- A confident communicator, interviewer and storyteller who can think innovatively about how to build, nurture, and maintain relationships with real-world Canva users.
- Someone with a keen eye for developing high-value content, unique story angles, and the ability to cast a wide net then subsequently edit and distill the most valuable content.
- A love for video, and a passion for seeking out content that inspires, educates and entertains.
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them (including, but not limited to: YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content.
- Someone that loves a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and that can bring clarity and efficiency amongst the chaos.
- You’ll be highly visual and have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail. Plus, be able to balance the big picture with short term needs/initiatives.
- You will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes
- BONUS: The ability to edit video is a huge plus. If you can trim content duration down and add graphics, music, and subtitles as needed that’s a valuable skill we’d love to know about.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Yearly wellbeing and education allowance
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.