We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the group and team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled ASO Manager to join our Mobile Marketing team, working closely alongside some of the top marketers in the world. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric experiences, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll have a few years experience in ASO with a global skew, who thinks strategically and is prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
We are looking to build on our hugely successful growth strategy by doubling down on organic mobile growth. As a result, Canva is seeking an experienced App Store Optimisation (ASO) and to work alongside the marketing and product teams to grow the mobile user-base and empower the world to design.
What You'll Do
- Undertake continuous app store optimisation (ASO) using keyword research, app store screenshots, video and creative ideation. The goal is for Canva’s mobile apps to rank well for specific keywords and to optimise visit to install conversion for all traffic sources.
- Manage our entire ASO stack, including monitoring and optimising off-store traffic.
- Own analytics in the app stores, such as conversion optimisation, promotion effectiveness and overall signups.
- Forge strong relationships with stakeholders at each of the key stores. You will advise these individuals on new features Canva releases and pitch both seasonal or event based promotions and feature ideas on an ongoing basis, and inform Canva’s Mobile Team and Product Managers on what needs to be implemented to take advantage of app store opportunities.
- Increase quality traffic to Canva using legitimate growth efforts. We are not looking at adopting any malpractices to grow user numbers and want to ensure our commitment to quality and integrity which is critical to Canva’s success.
- Investigate and coordinate the launch of Canva’s mobile application across all high-growth app stores beyond the App Store and Google Play.
- Use insights tools (e.g. AppAnnie) to find new demand on the app stores for product features. And find areas of opportunity to highlight Canva’s growing range of use cases based on new product features.
Who You'll Be
- At least 3 years ASO experience on a global scale, with a proven track record of implementing ASO strategies and partnering with the stores to grow mobile audiences.
- Agency or client side, we don’t mind as long as you have experience growing organic installs and improving conversion for all traffic sources — not just doing ASO or improving keyword ranks without real impact. We don’t set goals or measure success by keyword ranks.
- Experience with working with App Store Connect and Google Play Developer console is a must. Along with App Store Optimisation tools like AppAnnie, Mobile Action, AppTweak and so on.
- Proven understanding of how app stores operate and what drives performance. And we want to see a passion for ASO!
- Passionate about cultural localisation and the role it plays in the way we approach online marketing. Experience with ASO across different locales and markets is a must.
- Clear, concise and persuasive verbal and written communication.
- Collect and analyse data to pull insights of conversion rate tests and to drive further iterations.
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the world's fastest-growing companies
- Flexible working hours (we value work-life balance!)
- Professional education allowance
- Generous leave policies (sick days, holiday leave, parental leave, volunteer days)
- 401(k) Program
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.