We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.The Role
Canva is seeking a business-minded attorney with a solid understanding of technology contracts and experience in managing and negotiating a high volume of commercial transactions. You will help Canva continue its growth and success with a focus on Procurement contracts while also supporting contracting for Canva for Enterprise, Canva for Education, and strategic partnerships. You will join a dynamic global legal team working on a variety of innovative legal issues across the entire company. You will be required to leverage your expertise, good judgement, and strong business sense to assess and mitigate legal risk while finalizing contracts at a fast pace.
What you'll do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements with vendors, customers, partners..
- Respond promptly to legal requests from the Procurement team and other members of the business.
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations, including data privacy laws.
- Improve and maintain contract management processes and written guidance for the Procurement team
- Provide general legal guidance to the business
What we are looking for:
- You have a strong technical background and significant hands-on experience in Procurement contracting at a fast-paced technology company.
- You are excited to roll up your sleeves, learn the business and proactively identify and analyze opportunities and risks.
- You have excellent communication skills and can make complex communications simple.
- You are comfortable participating in cross-functional and internationally distributed teams.
- You are a pragmatic, business minded lawyer.
- You are risk aware, not risk averse.
- You are a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and a collegial attitude.
- You are comfortable getting on the phone with customers.
- You are able to prioritize and effectively set and balance expectations.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Admission to one bar
- 2-5 years of in-house experience at a SaaS company
- Knowledge and understanding of Canva and/or SaaS offerings
- Experience using contracting tools (e.g. Ironclad and Docusign)
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.