We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Product Management at Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.About the Release Engineering Team
The Release Engineering group within Canva Infrastructure is responsible for the platforms, tools and processes that Canvanaut engineers use every day to build the products and services that enable Canva’s mission - to empower the entire world to design.
- You’ll have a deep passion for solving problems for engineers, as an enabler to accelerating Canva’s hyper-ambitious goals.
- You will be comfortable operating as a player-coach, while you build out your PM team
- You relish the challenge of bringing new platforms to life, and driving their internal adoption in line with the value they deliver to the business
- You’re a strong communicator - you can tailor how you speak about developer efficiency and high-performance engineering teams when working across different specialities and part of the business to drive big outcomes
- You’re passionate about product craft, and developing PMs on your team to grow as quickly as Canva does, to hit our crazy big goals
- You’re great at balancing long-term vision and strategy with regularly delivering impactful outcomes that bring us closer to that vision
- You’re comfortable moving forward even if we don’t have the all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand
Goals you'll achieve in your first 3 months...
- Onboard to Canva, and become familiar with the existing software development & release engineering landscape
- Develop relationships with key sponsors, stakeholders and peers across Product and Engineering
- Establish a partnership with the Security and Compliance teams
- Present a detailed overview of the current release engineering UX, along with strategic and organisational recommendations
Goals you'll achieve from 3-12 months...
- Build out the Release Engineering PM team, working with Infrastructure product lead to build a high-performing PM team
- Establish high-bandwidth feedback loops between all key stakeholders and customers within Canva
- Drive progress against the Infrastructure five-year vision and strategy, and contribute to its ongoing evolution
What you'll do
- Own the overall roadmap and prioritisation of various Release Engineering groups, working alongside Group Engineering Leads to execute against seasonal and annual goals
- Work with key stakeholders across Security, Compliance and key product groups to incorporate their requirements into our end-to-end development workflow
- Provide oversight across Canva’s new PaaS development, driving and adoption across the company
- Coaching and development for a small group of high-performing platform PMs
Experience you'll need
- Strong experience as a product manager of a software platform
- Someone with an impressive record of leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions. You’ll be able to demonstrate how you’ve built an environment where your teams are set up to succeed
- Experience mentoring Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- Track record of collaborating with senior stakeholders to drive clarity through the chaos and rally support behind key initiatives
What you'll learn at Canva
- How to scale a high-performing PM team in a hyper-growth environment
- How to evolve the product craft for internal platforms, and deliver high-impact outcomes that are leveraged by others to move our top-line company metrics
- How to collaborate with and influence senior and executive stakeholders to drive meaningful outcomes for Canva
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.