We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team
This role is part of the Business Systems team within Information Technology (“IT”) that drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. As part of IT you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting critical groups throughout the business. As Canva grows, there is an increasing need to provide stakeholders in the business with timely, accurate and granular data enabling agile decisions to be made as required.
As part of the Business Systems team you will have the opportunity to:Gain experience working at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users Learn from and work with some of Canva’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product & growth professionals. Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business. About the role
This highly critical role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages fact-based analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. In this role, you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s end-to-end Revenue systems infrastructure, the role this plays in the wider finance and business systems ecosystem, and owning revenue system processes and controls.
You will work closely with the Finance team as well as collaborate with other teams across Canva such as the Revenue Platform Team, the Business Systems Team and our Security Team. You will also be a key point of contact with our third-party service provider Leapfin to manage performance, system upgrades and adherence with our data privacy and best practice control requirements.As the Revenue Systems Analyst, you will be primarily responsible for the management of our Revenue system infrastructure - facilitating any system updates and changes to support the ongoing revenue reporting and compliance requirements in a hyper-growth environment.
What you'll do:
- Developing a deep understanding of the end-to-end Revenue System infrastructure and triage all major changes to any of these systems or related integrations
- Oversee the ongoing system and process improvement projects cross various stakeholders including the internal Billing and Payments Engineering team as well as Leapfin
- Stay up-to-date with any changes in the Revenue system infrastructure and assist the Finance team in managing any impacts on Leapin or the underlying business logic to financial reports
- Assist the Finance team in implementing ongoing system monitoring controls and investigations into any unexpected business logic outcomes or anomalies in the underlying data
- Performing investigations to perform troubleshooting and technical root cause analysis in collaboration with various stakeholders to provide permanent solutions
- Collating and maintaining all relevant documentation throughout the process as required by various teams from advisors, auditors and management
What we're looking for:
- Proficiency in producing SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to investigate data and gather relevant information
- Advanced Excel skills and capable of interpreting/manipulating data
- Finance and/or Accounting or related background is preferred
- Experience in Financial Systems Analysis or Revenue Operations, with past experience in a public or SOX environment highly desirable
Also we'd love it if you had:
- You are solutions orientated but focus on strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardizing the quality of either
- Able to work under pressure whilst keeping a calm demeanour, you can juggle multiple tasks, people and systems of varying complexities and deadlines
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss
- You are able to adapt to different situations, spot opportunities to help us achieve our crazy big goals
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.