We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Team
The Commercial Finance team are the trusted co-pilots to our many different teams, delivering key financial insights to help them achieve their goals which in turn drives the success of Canva. We’re a highly visible team, and the work we do has a huge impact in shaping both the strategic direction and day to day operations of Canva.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.Who we're looking for
You have a strong sense of ownership and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, focused on continuous improvement. You’re someone that loves creating clarity from chaos. When operating in a fast paced environment, you’re able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight.
You excel at all forms of communication, being able to clearly communicate insights and ideas in oral and written form to both finance & non-finance stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement best practice pricing models for our core subscription product
- Proactively manage the pricing strategy of our core subscription product globally, performing regular analysis on pricing performance and provide recommendations to leadership
- Provide analysis and benchmarking of pricing in all markets - having an understanding of macro and micro economic impacts of this
- Use analytical and database skills to assist leadership in providing strategic advice on pricing rollout experiments
- Execute reporting / analysis of gross margin to finance and the wider company
- Collaborate with the strategy and analysis team in being key contributor to the impacts of pricing to the revenue forecasting
- Be the key driving force for process improvement - identifying areas of improvement in both financial & operational areas, and helping take the business along the journey
- Ad hoc involvement in wider finance projects and other business partnering initiatives
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Statistics and/or Accounting
- 3-5 years in a commercial analyst, data insights, pricing insights role or similar in a commercial environment
- CA/CPA qualified preferred
- Experience with pricing and margin reporting
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, data warehouse or willingness to learn
- Self motivated with a strong desire to turn chaos into clarity
- Excel & financial modelling/report building skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Extensive working with non-finance functions, and are able to clearly communicate ideas and insights to both finance & non finance stakeholders
- SaaS/Tech industry experience is a plus
How you will learn and develop at Canva:
- You will learn the ins and outs of growth and revenue at a global scale in a rapid growth SaaS company
- You will grow and develop as a business partner - working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, which will help you refine and develop your business partnering approach
- You’ll learn how to use your reporting, insights and commentary to drive action in the business
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.