We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team
As part of the People SuperGroup, the Vibe team’s mission is to make Canva the most inspiring, engaged and productive workplace in the world.
As Canva grows, The Vibe Team needs to scale its operations in a way that can adapt to the ever-changing needs and complexities of the company, to take on new responsibilities and to contribute in strategic and meaningful ways. Currently, the Vibe team is supporting several different functions including Food and Beverage, Health and Wellbeing, Events and Engagement, Workplace Experience, Facilities and Construction and Sustainability.
The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love coming to, where every person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills, is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
This role sits in the Workplace Experience Team, with the Vibe Team at Canva. Our Workplace Experience team specifically looks after guest services, events & activations, celebrations, company swag, internal content & comms for the Vibe Team. About the role
The Procurement Coordinator role, responsible for Swag management, sits within the People Group, and will also work closely with our Marketing & Engagement Group to ensure a centralised system and consistent experience is set up for all of Canva. Swag is a key marketing tool here at Canva that is used for raising brand awareness and connection with both our current and potential users. It’s also used as a recognition tool for Canvanauts at both personal and workplace milestones.
You will focus on delivering a scalable and sustainable global swag solution for all of Canva’s Swag and merchandise needs. You will primarily look after the process for purchasing, warehousing and distribution of all Canva’s swag merchandise, both internally & for external events. We’re looking for a detail orientated candidate to implement and maintain this system and be constantly looking for ways to update, improve and streamline our processes. A key aspect of this role is to ensure efficient, high quality and sustainable distribution of merchandise to Canva’s internal and external communities, whilst always keeping in mind our foundational values based in sustainability.
You will project manage all swag requests and ensure project timelines and milestones are met within dedicated budgets and briefs. You will include price negotiations and regular process review.
You will work closely with external vendors and suppliers to ensure our growing swag requirements are being met in a timely and efficient manner.
General Swag Management
- You liaise with swag partners and suppliers (local and global); ensure all necessary details are provided to the supplier and a good relationships are established and maintained
- You support local and global teams and acquisitions with swag production and distribution
- You assess and mitigate project risks, dynamically and creatively solving problems as they arise
- You budget and track finance of all swag spending and forecasting aligned with our future company goals
- You find new and innovative swag opportunities and partners to bring new swag possibilities to life through product conception and implementation
- You ensure that all decisions are made with well considered balance of marketing, connection and sustainability
- You communicate status of project to stakeholders and leadership teams; providing updates on budgeting, cost forecasting, asset management and inventory.
- You set up and support an internal Swag request ticketing system
- You manage Canvanaut swag programs for onboarding, team celebration swag, tenure anniversary, workplace/personal milestones and internal events
- You manage our external swag programs; standardised swag packs for our external community groups
- You work with our Brand Creative team to implement and clear procedure for item selection and design
Global Online Swag Store
- You manage Product; in collaboration with our swag partners and suppliers you over see all product sourcing, pricing, webstore stock management, inventory, office stock levels and event swag
- You manage Store Interface; ensure all elements of the webstore are on brand and up to date
- You manage inventory levels; ensure stock levels are managed to reflect supply and demand requirements
- You manage store credit system and navigate implications of global currencies and budgets
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years of experience in procurement, operations, logistics and project management, in a fast-paced working environment
- Proven experience working with local and international merchandise suppliers
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Display versatility in setting priorities, plan and organize tasks
- Attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Ability to self manage, and follow through with projects and responsibilities
- Ability to take initiative to meet action requests with tight deadlines
- Interest and knowledge of industry updates, products and sustainable solutions
- Ability to think critically and apply our values to decisions making
- Highly equipped with overall management of G-Suite (Google Applications)
- Highly equipped with verbal and written communications
- Has the ability to locate and collect information and distribute and organize efficiently
- Represent the organization in an ethical and professional manner
Being a Force for Good
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Pet friendly offices
- Outdoor pizza oven, Rooftop Garden, overlooking the city.
- Gym facilities
- Personal Benefits Allowance (Education, health and wellbeing, work from home set up)
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.