We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.Since our launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 400 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!About the People Operations Team
At the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless are the strong executors that take pride in their craft and in delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding and everything in between, we fuel Canva's hypergrowth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences. The People Central team
The People Central team sits at the core of the employee lifecycle, responsible for onboarding, offboarding, and managing all queries that flow through our service desk. As the first point of contact for all People team requests and enquiries, People Central is naturally the largest team in People Ops and specialises in high volume tasks that require efficiency & precision, delivering outstanding customer service and keeping systems and data accurate.
Within People Central, the Onboarding squad works closely with our recruitment and internal teams to facilitate a seamless onboarding experience and is currently onboarding over 100 new hires each month. The Helpdesk squad is responsible for managing our ticketing channels, which includes triaging, resolving or escalating cases. Lastly, the Offboarding squad manages departures across Canva.The Role
The Payroll Specialist
sits within the Helpdesk squad of the People Central team. It is the single point of contact for all things related to salaries, benefits, statutory remittances, scheduled deductions, payslip discussions, reimbursements, one-time payments, final pay calculations, and salary disputes.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the efficient and accurate delivery of payroll with a constant focus on ensuring all statutory remittances and deductibles are incorporated before distribution
- Understand and apply income taxation, proper reporting of remittances to government agencies, and ensure Canva Philippines is compliant with all legal pay-related requirements
- Collaborate with the helpdesk squad to make sure employee inquiries are resolved within SLAs, as well as work closely with Finance to ensure crediting of salaries are done timely and accurately.
- Works closely with our payroll bank partners to resolve any payroll related concerns in a timely manner
- Liaises with government agencies to make sure remittances are received and employee benefits are activated and accessible
- Focus on personal growth through learning and development, and applying these learnings to streamline internal processes and improve overall payroll process efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- Technical/ Specialist Skills/ Experiences:
- Extensive local experience in SLA-driven HR shared services team
- Strong capabilities in payroll and taxation
- Familiar with the payroll preparation process, checking, and reporting
- Well versed in timekeeping platforms like SproutHR, ticketing systems like JIRA, and HRIS like Workday (or similar)
- Good track record in keeping compensation records and confidential information related to salaries secret and protected
- Strong background in personal data privacy and best practices
- Escalates issues timely and brings recommendations on how to resolve them
- Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
- Focused on customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working in a high-volume work environment
- Very collaborative and solution-focused approach with a can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical capability
- A self-starter, able to multitask and work with different stakeholders
- Confident and calm under pressure, able to quickly adapt within a changing environment
- Can communicate clearly with different audiences by combining narratives and data
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst - We have in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good”
means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.