We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the role:While Canva grows and scales fast, moderation of user generated content becomes more pressing. Phishing poses a substantial risk and we need solid engineers that can reduce the impact on our users and Canva.As a Frontend Engineer you will work with the team to enable efficient content moderation. This includes working with operations to determine the best UX and translating the moderator's needs into an efficient design. Your role as a Frontend Engineer will be about making the design, UI/UX, workflow and functionality of this tool seamless and intuitive.This is a unique opportunity to build the system that helps Canva become a trusted household brand and build the tools to apply Canva's value of being a good human to the content that is publicly shared.
- Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world.
- Developing and iterating on technical proposals – outlining how solutions will be structured and developed.
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production.
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure.
- Participating in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews.
- Performance debugging, benchmarking and building awesome things in general.
- Ideally you have experience around Trust and Safety space, knowledge about Moderation is a huge benefit.
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications.
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS.
- Experience building UX for specialists and an eye for design.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.