We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Business Systems is a sub-group of the Information Technology (“IT”) group, it comprises of Procurement, Global Workforce Planning, Business and Workplace Systems and IT operations to drive secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. This is a new group where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups.About the Team The business systems sub-group of the Information Technology (“IT”) group drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. This is a new group where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups.The People Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our hire to retire value stream. With Workday as our foundational HRIS, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating our processes to allow our employees to do their best work at a place they love. We strive to be integrated with the People strategy so we can realize our vision of being the best company in the world.
What you'll do:
- Strategy, bridge operational strategy across TA Ops, Enablement, People Ops with technical best practices to ensure our systems scale to meet our growing needs
- Be part of the team, manage the technical backlog for systems in the People group and help facilitate steering committee meetings with team leads that effectively drive aligned prioritization of technical improvements
- Collaborate, partner with the People & Talent Acquisition teams to execute against goals that scale Canva to be the world’s best company
- Build and lead, critical implementation projects of new and existing systems that are prioritized as defined
- Business process improvements, create and maintain technical documentation of all systems under your ownership to enable seamless change management as we scale
- Solution orientated, ensure that our data architecture of new and existing systems in in line with the metrics and Data group best practices so we can enable a data driven culture with our teams
- Customer centric, lean in with team members to assist with development of process documentation and business requirements where needed to ensure quality delivery of system improvements
- Communication, partner with other cross functional technology leads / teams to create and monitor integrations; making sure integrations run successfully / resolving issues and create a strong working relationship with third party system vendors to ensure strong service delivery
What we’re looking for:
Being a Force for good.
- You have a strong desire to build for scale, and are passionate about how technology can solve complex business problems that simplify the lives of our employees and users. Help us to think strategically to empower the world to design
- You will know how to operate and be successful in a high growth environment, and thrive on problem solving and dealing with ambiguity, willing to get your hands dirty when needed. Be comfortable with chaos.
- Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to develop strong professional relationships. You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.