We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the role & team
As an Admin Business Partner to one of Canva’s Leadership team, your role is to partner with the lead to support their day-to-day administration and operations to ensure they’re set up for success. Reporting into Canva’s Leadership Operations role, you’ll work hand in hand to ensure that the administration needs of the leaders are prioritised and supported. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the whole world to design and do the most good possible.
You’ll be a team player with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence. You love building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders around the business. You’re a quick learner, and comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. You’re always looking for new ways to make things more efficient and solving problems in scalable ways making sure things get done the smart way not the hard way.You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re highly organised and have great verbal and written communication skills. You’re comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from written communications to Canva presentations. You’ve got experience working with, and being a trusted partner to, a Leadership team and you’re comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task towards the bigger picture, with no task being too small if it makes the team around you more effective.
What you'll do
- Time management: Ensuring that the Lead’s time is used efficiently through calendar management, coordinating meetings and tracking action items and follow-ups.
- Meeting preparation: Preparing for meetings by coordinating and assisting in building any materials and research.
- Travel planning: Planning for travel by managing both logistical travel arrangements as well as trip itineraries.
- General administration: Helping out with a wide range of business and personal tasks as they come up (including expenses, appointments and any other ad hoc requests).
- Team activities: Organising celebrations, gifts and off-sites, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
Who you'll be
- 5+ years of EA experience.
- Past experience in a high growth environment.
- A trusted partner with experience supporting Leadership.
- Proactive with a bias for action and getting things done.
- Have a passion for building and managing relationships both internally and externally.
- A self-start with a tenacity for execution and delivery.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.