We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the teamThe Finance & Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.We want to make tax painless (our crazy big goal!). Our mission is to modernise a traditional tax cost centre into “Tax-as-a-Service” to protect and serve the business and its stakeholders. We want to do this within a fun and engaging environment that promotes collaboration, forward thinking and continuous improvement, all whilst making tax as painless as possible. About you As Canva continues on this exciting period of growth, with expanding operations around the world in multiple jurisdictions, we are looking for a Tax Accountant to expand our team. You’ll have experience with indirect and/or indirect tax concepts and compliance and have a strong appetite to learn new things. We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent, so you’ll be comfortable working in a hands-on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication skills, with strong attention to detail and a proactive attitude.You are a team player, enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role. Please note that this role has a big focus on
global direct and indirect tax compliance and operations in addition to Philippines tax. Whilst we won’t expect you to be an expert in all areas of tax and foreign laws, we’ll be looking for someone who is keen to expand their capability in the indirect taxes space as well as wanting exposure in other fields of tax such as tax controversy, governance and international tax.
What you'll do...
- Taking ownership of all tax compliance obligations for your region and ensuring successful completion and timely lodgement;
- Delivering global accounting and reporting of direct/ indirect taxes for financial statement purposes, including supporting any provision balances;
- Collaborating with other teams to attend to all month-end/year-end reporting obligations on a timely basis;
- Support with setting up internal controls and prepare process documentation to enable audit readiness;
- Diving into complex direct / indirect tax technical matters and finding solutions for business needs;
- Working closely with the Group’s external tax service providers as required;
- Champion process improvement and the implementation of technology for your region that can scale and grow within Canva and reduce the amount of administrative work for the team;
- Provide support to other areas of the business and the Global Tax Team as and when required.
We’d love it if you had...
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong writing skills and business acumen with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgement;
- Degree level qualification; CA/CPA qualified or equivalent qualification or working towards this;
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Experience working in a fast-growing, ever-changing environment
- A keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver.
- Operating in a fast-paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight.
- You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a problem-solving attitude, with a constant lens of continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set-up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat and do your best work! We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvavibe/
. This is why we are very excited to share with everyone that Canva was recently awarded as one of the Great Places to Work in the Philippines.
Know more about our milestone here.
If you're a passionate Finance Professional seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies - then apply now!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.