We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs - animation, photos, illustrations, fonts, videos (soon), and more that live within the editor.
Behind all of these design ingredients is the Content Team, whose mission is to ensure that every type of content within the Canva editor is high quality, fresh, inspiring, and caters to every user. In addition to sourcing and managing content, the team is dedicated to improving the contributor experience as well as promoting the best content to Canva users.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a strong animation & graphics background to help produce and source animation for the Canva library, manage administrative tasks and provide artistic direction and quality assurance when necessary.
This role is vital to allow the Motion Team
to function smoothly and assist the team hit their project goals efficiently and effectively.
What you’ll be doing...
- Producing animation content based on content gaps, user requests, trends, etc. from pre-production planning to post-production-- Researching relevant content and styles; Creating detailed briefs; Liaising with animators/motion graphic artists during the entire production process
- Coordinating with in-house teams and making sure their content requests are being produced
- Working closely with Art Directors in ensuring goals for the season are met
- Sourcing, screening, and managing our global network of animators/motion graphic artists
- Tracking and reviewing animator submissions to ensure we get the best content for our users
- Producing and designing in-house animation/graphics content
You’ll love this job if ...
- You love producing a wide variety of animation + graphic content
- You work quickly and efficiently to make sure we are bringing new and relevant content to our users in a timely way
- You champion diversity and inclusion that reflect in the work you do
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
We'd love it if you have...
- A good eye for animation & graphic design and are up to date with animation/graphic styles and trends
- A strong portfolio showcasing your animation + graphic design work
- In-depth technical knowledge (i.e. Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Adobe Illustrator and/or other animation/graphic based software etc.)
- Experience producing animation content individually and within a team
- Project or team management experience
- Good communication skills
What you'll love at Canva..
- Equity options in one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- Fitness and wellness programs and benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.