We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do! About the team
Our Template Design Team
empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, our goal is to build the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content.
We need the help of talented Graphic Designers to help bring exciting campaigns and projects to life, execute beautifully designed and usable templates for social media, print, and branding designs. Joining our design team means you contribute to empowering everyone to create beautiful and usable designs right at their fingertips.
Check out what our Canva Designers have been doing here About the Role
As our Lead Designer
, you will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful templates for our library. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day. We need someone at a senior designer level, who loves working with design tools, while also briefing and managing the quality of a team of designers.
What you’ll do as our Lead Designer...
- Work with our template designers and assisting the team in creating and delivering template design projects and campaigns
- Mentor and guide junior designers in ensuring the team are set up for success in ensuring every project and campaign is completed
- Brief our designers, illustrators, photographers, and videographers to execute high-quality content and templates for each project
- Create high-quality designs and templates that are tailored to and curated to campaigns and project briefs
- Drive design research, mood boards, brainstorming, and design reference sessions with the team
- Work with copywriters to make sure template content suits the design
- Review designs created by our designers and provide feedback for revisions
- Check for template usability before publishing
We'd love it if you have...
- 4 - 5+ years experience as a Graphic Designer, Art Director or a lead role creating a diverse range of designs
- Experience in mentoring/managing junior designers or a team, can instruct other designers on craft, to get their designs closer to the concept vision
- The ability to initiate and lead design projects alongside their accounts/art director
- Art direction experience - the ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us - so best to show us your best and most relevant graphic design works – throw in those layouts, social media posts, and even branding projects!
- You’re a hustler! You are adaptable and can work independently juggling the delivery of design projects and producing high-quality content.
- You’re unafraid to get your hands dirty! You’re a senior designer who can give out briefs, at the same time, create high-quality designs.
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.