We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.About the group you’ll be joining
The Pro Suite group is on a mission to make Canva Pro the end to end marketing tool of choice for SMBs everywhere. We want to help businesses of all types, from solo entrepreneurs to agency teams, to improve the quality and consistency of their designs, to be more productive, to reach and expand their audience, and ultimately grow their business. Pro Suite are responsible for the entire product direction of Canva Pro, which is our primary paid subscription and Canva’s #1 revenue driver.
- We’re searching for an experienced Product Designer to lead the design direction for the Impact & Insights team, which sits within the Pro Suite group. Canva users are empowered to design anything and publish anywhere; Impact & Insights team are tasked with helping users to close the loop, to learn from how their designs are performing once published or shared and improve their outcomes.
- You will work on defining and envisioning a range of product experiences aiming to help our users:
- Track their social media post engagement performance;
- Improve their marketing practices to reach the right audience in the right place at the right time;
- Measure their impact on new digital channels beyond just social media;
- Track the performance of shared documents of all kinds, such as presentations and videos.
- You will not only have the opportunity to optimise existing analytics experiences in Canva, but also to contribute and define patterns for user-facing data visualisations that will be used throughout the Canva product. You will also have the opportunity to explore innovative new experiences that build on data to enable users to discover meaningful insights and take action.
- You will collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers across the Pro Suite group, Businesses & Education supergroup, and Canva, and have a team focussed design mentality.
- You are excited for and have experience in leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle challenging user problems and are comfortable collaborating with and influencing stakeholders across Canva to achieve alignment and buy-in.
Goals you'll achieve in the first 6-12 months
- Meeting teams and building up relationships with different parts of the business;
- Understanding the Canva product, our Pro offerings and our 2021 strategy;
- Familiarise yourself with existing design patterns and systems.
- Work closely with Content Designers, Engineers, and other Product Designers to envision the future of Canva Analytics;
- Contribute to or define new design patterns for information visualisation across the Canva product.
Experience you'll have:
- 3+ years of professional product design experience, ideally with some experience designing solutions for dashboards or data visualisation
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalifeBeing a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.