We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Finance Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders. That means we empower every team within the company to work quickly and autonomously, while at the same time maintaining compliance in all areas.
As a fast growing group, we’ve only scratched the surface of the insights we can provide, and our potential to influence Canva’s strategic decisions.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance team.About the FinOps team (within the Finance Group)
The FinOps team’s mission is to ensure that we have an accurate and complete data set upon which to perform timely financial analysis.
We are at the core of the Finance Group, providing transactional services and financial data relied upon by the business and the wider finance team alike (encompassing general ledger, treasury, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll).
FinOps is the largest team within Finance and continues to scale to support the business, including a Shared Services team based in Manila and local Sydney, China, and Manila teams.About You
As Canva continues with our exciting period of growth, our team must grow to support this. As a result, we are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to lead, grow and nurture our Global FinOps team. We will set you up for success by partnering you with peers across the Finance Leadership team who will guide and support you along the way.
You will have a true passion for coaching, empowering, and developing people to do the best work of their lives. You have had previous successes supporting team members to set their own strategies and direction as they build out their functions.
We need you to take your experience from similar finance roles to Canva to build and grow successful high-performing teams. You will have experience in understanding how to scale teams at large to help us hit our crazy big goals. You know what it takes to create and implement world-class practices and can empower your team to think outside the box where they are always looking to solve tomorrow's problems with a tech-first mindset.
Coming from a high-growth environment with a strong technical background you will thrive on solving problems at scale. You will lead with a bias-to-action mindset, where you are willing to roll up your sleeves and be amongst the chaos when needed.
At Canva, change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands-on, dynamic environment and have first-class communication and interpersonal skills.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute the overall strategy and direction of the team, helping them to set goals and roadmaps and achieve them as they build out their own subteams, determining new hiring needs as the team continues to scale
- You will lead, mentor and develop a strong team of high performing members, including with our Shared Services and local Team Leads in Manila
- You will work hand in hand with our other teams within Finance, including Corporate Accounting, Procurement, Tax, FP&A and Commercial Finance, working on cross-cutting processes or initiatives, collaborating to achieve group-wide goals as we strive to be a world-class Finance team
- Have a holistic lens across all FinOps activities, including global final month-end reviews and ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, and consistency of the month-end close and resulting numbers
- You will ensure a robust documentation and control environment and make sure we are a well-oiled machine
What we are looking for:
- An expert of their craft with 10+ years experience in a similar commercial role is a must (CA/CPA qualified or equivalent).
- Able to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), Canva is growing and we need you to help us navigate our way through different complexities as we continue to scale, previous experience in a high growth company would be advantageous
- Looking at Canvanauts for tomorrow, ability to build a high performing team, spot opportunities and you are able to adapt to different situations to help us achieve our crazy big goals
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
- Think Tech first as we scale and have experience working with Cloud ERP’s such as Netsuite
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.