We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Team
The Video Team at Canva is on a mission to become the go-to video platform for everyone. With millions of users using Canva every day, this is an opportunity to redefine dynamic and engaging communication. Have a global impact on the way people create now and in the future.
Canva Video has one of the largest audiences of content creators in the world. You’ll be a key driver in helping achieve our vision of becoming the go-to video platform, and build a multimedia playground for everyone - from individuals, to small businesses; from large organisations to NGOs.
- Work closely with the product team to deliver Canva’s Video product on Android.
- Create and ship high quality code that gets used by millions of people all over the world.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Engage in technical and product design discussions with the team.
- Collaborate with other team members to figure out the best solutions to difficult engineering problems.
- Android application development experience.
- Experience and knowledge with Kotlin and RxJava.
- Knowledge of native Android architecture, frameworks, and the libraries.
- Computer Science / Software Engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS is a plus, but not required.
- An understanding of video technologies is a big plus, but not required
- Competitive salary, plus equity options.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite.
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers.
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy.
- Pet friendly offices.
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered for interstate or overseas individuals
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.