We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Businesses & Education Super Group is responsible for our premium SaaS products, Canva Pro, Enterprise, Teams and Education. We are responsible for building, improving and growing a product that can help our users be more productive, and achieve more with Canva. We have a mission of empowering millions of businesses/teams to grow and we’re making pretty amazing progress!
What will the role be doing?
- You will be helping to Coach and Grow the team into effective leaders
- You will improve Project Delivery and Agile MethodologiesYou will provide clear and concise road maps and communicate goals effectively
- You will lead one of our teams focused on business customers to deliver important functionality for our business customers.
- You will enable the team to meet the challenges of serving an important and diverse set of customers
- You will contribute to shaping our roadmap, balancing product feature delivery with sustainably architected solutions
- You will contribute to the overall strategy of the team.
Why is the role needed?
- We expect the Business group to grow alongside our focus on this customer base. In order to grow we need to increase our coaching capacity and support the team in managing complex problems for a diverse set of customer needs.
- We are building large complex systems
- We want to expand our freemium to premium across 3 core products
- You will be meeting the needs of Business customers ranging from 25 to 1000+ users
- We want to make onboarding and off-boarding users as seamless and intuitive as possible
What is exciting about this role?
- The Teams Product Group has an ambitious mission to win every business and classroom.
- We have clear strategies to get us there. Business customers are a HUGE growth area for us and this team focuses on those customers.
- This team will have a direct and significant impact on our overall company goals. The role will have exciting and important challenges straight away, and comes with lots of growth potential.
Key skills or experience?
- 3+ years leading a team of software engineers.
- Experience building high-performing and collaborative teams.
- A healthy balance of strong technical and people leadership skills
- Strong customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of our customers
- Ability to lead by example; promote Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other business functions outside of engineering.
This role is open to remote applicants within Australia that do not need visa sponsorship. We will require occasional travel to Sydney once it is safe to do so.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.