We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the roleCanva’s People group has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
The Talent Programs team are on a mission to create different pathways to join the Canva team across all career and life stages. Whether you’re just at the start of your career, participating in our internship and graduate programs, or, an experienced trailblazer looking to pivot in your career through our acceleration programs. The talent programs team ensure that each Canvanaut that comes through one of our programs has the support and development opportunities they need to thrive.
As our first University Recruitment Programs Manager in the Phillippines, you’ll empower students to start the best work of their lives at Canva. You’ll achieve this by developing relationships with universities and students across the country, as well as working with internal stakeholders to advise them on their early career strategies. You’ll also play a critical role in scaling our Internship Program and launching our Graduate Program in our Manila hub to ensure our early career Canvanauts are able to grow their careers at Canva.
What you'll do...
- Program management: Comfortable managing multiple connected projects which are delivered on time, on budget and to the brief with cohesion and efficiency across the full program. The early careers programs require a level of empathy and patience to ensure our Canvanauts have the best experience possible.
- Event coordination: Develop and implement events including planning, budgeting, stakeholder buy-ins, logistics, messaging (internal and external) and developing content with Canvanauts to successfully meet event objectives.
- Training and event content creation: ensuring our content looks and feels the consistent, high quality and impactful
- Maintain centralised resources: such as confluence and hub pages
- Have Inclusion at the heart of everything: Ensure Canva’s values, social initiatives and our DE&I strategy is embedded into all our initiatives
- Collaboration and partnership: Work with the Talent Brand, Canva U and specialty leads.
- Build and demonstrate success: use data to inform how we enhanced, improve and target our plans and programs
What we’re looking for...
- 5 years of experience in a fast-paced recruitment role and have a successful track record of hiring top talent, at least 3 years of experience in university/ early careers recruitment
- You’re a people person. Someone who is comfortable presenting and networking to large groups of people.
- You have a strong understanding of recruiting and a love of empowering people with new skills and abilities
- You’re creative and driven, and not afraid to take on a new challenge and see it through, even when the next step isn’t very clear.
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things done.
- You value diversity and take pride in building a team that brings together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression.
- You’re a keen communicator. Whether it’s over slack, through documentation, presentations or across social media.
- You like to ensure everyone is on the same page and engaged with the message being shared.
- Sometimes our events are outside of standard business hours, so there are times where your work hours would be late into the evening. Once business travel resumes, you’d also be available to travel interstate and overseas during the working week.
How you'll develop at Canva
- You will be joining a small team who are passionate about all things talent! By working for a small team, you have the opportunity to wear many hats and really make this role your own, as talent programs scale alongside Canva’s hypergrowth.
- Flex your creativity skills and bring magic to our programs and campus events. No idea is too out of reach!
- Have a clear impact. You’ll be the first full-time programs manager on the ground in the Philippines to grow and shape the future of talent programs at Canva.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.