We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our Design Education Team At Canva, we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
What you'll do...
- Conduct keyword research using tools like Tubebuddy
- Optimize our videos on YouTube for discoverability and usability (Titles, tags and descriptions)
- Create on-brand Thumbnails that drive a high CTR using Canva
- Consume our content and generate SEO optimized Timestamps to be added to the video descriptions
- Write high-quality SEO-driven copy for our video descriptions
- Analyze competitor channels and compile a list of relevant video topics for tutorials
- Upload content into our LMS & Design School landing page
You'll love this job if you...
- You enjoy writing and optimizing copy for YouTube and Google
- Coming up with new ideas excites you, as you’ll help to grow Canva’s YouTube channel in terms of subscribers and views
- You love the idea of empowering hundreds of thousands of viewers with valuable content
- You love writing as much as you love designing with Canva
- You live and breathe Youtube, you understand content there
- You flourish in team environments, where you are collaborative and flexible with your writing style to resonate with our users
What we're looking for...
- A deep understanding of YouTube SEO practices. You’ve been optimzing channels and videos before and achieved demonstrable results. We will ask you to show numbers.
- High quality SEO optimized copy. You can write copy that is search engine friendly but also makes sense and doesn’t sound robotic.
- You understand how to grab people’s attention on YouTube. You have used the platform extensively and understand what gets people to click on your content.
- An eye for Design. You have experience designing thumbnails that get clicked on for YouTube.
- Bring creative ideas. Suggest some fresh ideas to bring more value to our audience on YouTube but also get more views and subscribers.
- Strive to meet deadlines. You work fast and under pressure to meet deadlines.
We'd love it if you have...
- Ability to start right away and get up to speed quickly
- Attention to detail, style and tone. You write with clarity and empathy, and there’s also a sense of playfulness and whimsy that comes across in your work.
- You maybe have your own YouTube channel or have a lot of experience with the platform via another job
- Design experience with Canva and being able to use it to create thumbnails
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.