We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team
The Design Specialty
in Canva aims to be the best design team in the world. That starts with hiring the best people, and the best designers. The Business Templates Team
in Canva produces a range of beautiful and professional content. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library. About the Role
The Senior Graphic Designer Designer provides high-quality graphic design for the Business Templates Squad. You’ll work closely with a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful templates for our library. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day.
What you'll do...
- Assist the Creative Lead on key template projects across the Business Template Squad at Canva.
- Research and art direct for our templates campaigns, working across a broad range of verticals and topics to ensure every Canva user has what they need for anything business.
- Ensure high-quality production of graphic design for all users
- Mentor and provide developmental support to junior designers to ensure the team is set up for success to launch projects and campaigns
- Brief our design team to create beautiful, professional and usable business templates
- Own curation and quality assurance for business templates.
- Work closely with the team developing Canva’s product – and ensure that our templates evolve with and inform our features.
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, visual/interaction design inspiration, user and business insights.
- Ensure our designers create with usability requirements in mind.
- Produce and integrate effective & efficient design practices.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
We'd love it if you have...
- 3+ years experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of designs in print and digital, preferably multi-pager layouts
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing on-trend, relevant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to consider user experience, and follow usability guidelines
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment, seeking feedback to improve your work and take your designs further
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and using design to make a difference
- Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance
- Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and
- Employee Support Programs to help you be your best
- Unique and flexible leave options so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
- An annual Vibe & Thrive Allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection
- Virtual and in-office fitness and yoga classes, an onsite gym and breakfast and lunch prepared at our pet-friendly Sydney office by in-house chefs
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
- Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity, recognising the diverse representations of modern families and supporting work-life balance.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love being part of. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every preference, to help you do the best work of your life. We recognise that every single person is unique and our workplace benefits aim to ensure we cater for all. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.