We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Team
Canva’s Marketing Operations team leading the development of marketing platform support capabilities to reach a growing number of businesses, customers and markets. We are enabling marketing teams to deliver greater impact, output and intelligence in the ways they engage our customers. We are looking for an experienced marketing operations leader to drive our global marketing legal/privacy compliance strategy and to lead the implementation of platform data governance processes and protocols.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure marketing compliance best-practices are standardized and consistently applied across marketing teams globally.
- Define the governance guardrails necessary to enforce Canva’s legal/privacy obligations.
- Drive the development of consent management solutions that bring efficiency to our compliance operations while building trust with our users
- Hire and develop a high-performing compliance team of operations specialists, mobilizing them to execute on your vision while positioning them to achieve their ambitious professional development goals.
- Identify opportunities for automation and ensure their implementation
- Partner with Legal, Support, Growth, and Platform teams to define the compliance program roadmap and support senior marketing stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience in a marketing operations organization with 2-3 years experience leading global marketing compliance and governance programs
- A track record of building and developing high-performing and happy teams across multiple markets to achieve challenging targets and standards.
- Experience working with CRM and marketing automation technologies such as Twilio, Dyspatch, Braze, Marketo, Salesforce & Pardot.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material.
- An energy giver with a positive outlook and the ability to influence your team leads, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.
- A natural team player, with a strong track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in one of the world's fastest growing companies.
- Flexible working hours (we value work-life balance!).
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous leave policies (sick days, holiday leave, parental leave, volunteer days).
- 401(k) Program
Being a Force for good.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.