We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the TeamThe Lifecycle team looks after email and mobile marketing across Canva. As part of the Lifecycle Team, you will play a key role when it comes to managing and prioritising the campaigns that will help drive growth for Mobile Messaging channels. The team works cross-functionally with the i18n team, engineers, designers and product managers to exponentially grow Canva’s activation, retention and revenue channels.
Your RoleYou’ll work as a growth marketer as part of the Lifecycle team, supporting growth by driving impact with mobile campaigns. This role will cover a wide range of responsibilities from building push and in-app templates, to shaping channel strategy, orchestrating and setting up campaigns and measuring campaign effectiveness for future success.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves nothing more than to anticipate issues before they arise and get stuff done. You’re who we want to be working with if you’re great at prioritising, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along), and keeping calm under pressure.
What You'll Do:
- Work with business leads in adapting business goals to channel (mobile) specific goals.
- Work with mobile product team with mapping out mobile Lifecycle journey to improve activation, retention and revenue metrics.
- Build and set up push/in-app message templates and campaigns and maximise the impact of these campaigns by driving engagement metrics(open rate, click rate).
- Contribute to Canva's retention and revenue strategies by optimising mobile campaigns.
- Ensure all push and in-app messages are on-brand and maintain below average opt-out rates, abuse rates and other negative indicators.
- Run, manage, analyse and optimise A/B and multivariate mobile campaigns tests.
- Measure the effectiveness of Lifecycle’s activity on overall business health through internal data as well as forecast upcoming campaigns.
- Bring science and rigour to establishing Lifecycle’s priorities. Support data-driven business analytics to support and make recommendations on strategy and investment.
- Work with Brand creative teams and Product Marketing teams to identify strategic opportunities to support product growth with Lifecycle.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience as a mobile marketer with strong knowledge of the craft
- You are a data-driven marketer who can also relate to - and get the most out of - creatives.
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small. A self leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- You understand the components of an effective and compelling mobile message, including copy, design (e.g. visual hierarchy), CTAs.
- You know how to prioritise and conduct A|B or multivariate testing to improve mobile messaging engagement rates but you also analyse mobile messaging performance based on its impact on activation, retention and revenue goals.
- You are a clear and concise communicator that can effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive goals.
- You are a self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in one of the world's fastest growing companies.
- Flexible working hours (we value work-life balance!).
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous leave policies (sick days, holiday leave, parental leave, volunteer days).
- 401(k) Program
- Benefits (AUS)
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.