We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the teamThe People Group’s mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world.
The People Development Centre of Excellence is a new team at Canva that consists of HR generalists and specialists that design and deliver transformative people strategies and programs for talent identification (internal), development, engagement, and movement. So far we’ve built a global company-wide career framework, job architecture system, and performance management process... and we are just getting started!
Our mission is to deliver strategies, products, and programs that energise our employees and foster an experience where everyone can design the best work of their lives. We do this by understanding our internal people development landscape and cultural context, researching new ideas and data-backed practices, reimagining traditional People Development programs and processes, collaborating and designing with partners across the company, and delivering innovative solutions at scale.
About the role
- You will utilise your skills and expertise in program & project management to continuously execute, maintain, evaluate, and improve existing company-wide People Development programs and processes supporting the Canva employee experience (in particular Canva’s performance management process, called the Impact Experience)
- You will nurture program success by ensuring the program stays on schedule, on spec, and on an upward trajectory of success and growth.
- You are essential in ensuring the program maintains operational excellence while providing our employees with a world-class support experience to constantly grow and develop.
What you'll do
- You maintain and sustain complex People Development programs (performance management cycles) to ensure they are implemented with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
- You manage deliverables, achievements, timelines, resources and all communications relating to program and ongoing program initiatives.
- You collaborate cross-functionally across the business to tie program initiatives into other relevant initiatives across the organisation. You continuously assess dependencies, risks, and blockers and call out issues as needed.
- You partner with internal and external vendors in the ongoing maintenance of program systems, platforms, and tools.
- Manage all Program deliverables and communications:
- You manage deliverables across all program workstreams (partnering with internal Talent Designers, Learning Designers, People Partners, Total Rewards, and People Operations team members) to ensure objectives are met on schedule.
- You communicate with company-wide audiences, cross-functional teams, and key partners to keep them up to date on program cycles, actions needed, upcoming events, related initiatives, and relevant communications.
- You help develop and implement program change, communication and engagement
- Support Program Evolution and Improvement
- You see opportunities for continuous improvement and engagement to expand program offerings.
- You research, recommend, and implement changes to enhance the quality of program initiatives.
- You continuously define, track, and report on success metrics to ensure program success and constantly seek feedback for program evolution and improvement.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated ability with Program or Project Management (Bonus for experience working in HR!)
- Experience prioritising, managing, and tracking multiple work streams simultaneously
- You’re highly organised. You are detail orientated and able to prioritise to get things done in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You’re able to make complex things simple whilst running projects. You have validated experience leading multiple projects and the ability to work within timelines.
- You have experience gathering ambiguous requirements and breaking them down into practical next steps - such as resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving objectives on schedule.
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in an inaugural role with visibility on the critical decisions that impact the continued success of Canva and its teams
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.