We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About Your TeamAs part of the Company Communications function, our Internal Communications team leads a global communications program that inspires, engages and aligns our team; driving company-wide communications that celebrate and recognize our one-of-a-kind culture while delivering engaging and compelling messaging across a range of channels and creative formats. We develop programs and campaigns to communicate with our team of more than 2,000 employees across the globe while keeping our teams and groups aligned to Canvas’ vision, mission and culture.As an Internal Communications Partner, you’ll work closely with the People Group and Company Communications to support the development and execution of a global communications strategy. We move quickly and no two days are ever the same. You’ll support major cross-company projects such as our talent and learning programs, employer brand, total rewards, wellbeing programs, organisation design comms, change management and the evolution of Canva’s culture.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with our amazing People Group Leads to design and execute end-to-end communications programs that build an authentic and open two-way dialogue that reflects our vision
- Unify the voice of Canva’s People Group, ensuring that we’re cutting through the noise and delivering the right message at the right time in order to amplify the impact of our people programs.
- Partner with People Leads to support the development and implementation of cross-company projects that move us towards our mission of building the world’s best team
- Support the continued evolution of Canva’s future of work philosophy and communications strategy as we grow and scale in multiple locations across the globe
- Seek out opportunities to develop new communications programs that ensure everyone at Canva has access to the information, context and resources needed to be successful in their roles
- Continually evolve and scale our programs to support Canva’s growth, building new processes to deliver more proactive, clear and engaging messages across multiple channels and global audiences.
- Work in partnership with the wider communications team to align internal and external messaging, and ensure consistency across communications strategies.
- Support external communications and initiatives tied to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Partner with our Talent Brand and Social Media teams to craft award submissions and support the development of external content to showcase Canva as a great place to work, highlighting our team and culture across a range of channels.
- You have 3-5 years of experience as part of an in-house communications team working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You’ll be an expert communicator and storyteller, able to speak to a global audience and adapt your writing style across a wide range of media, formats and context.
- You have navigated complex stakeholder environments to drive tangible business outcomes with demonstrable experience launching new communications initiatives.
- You have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to balance the big picture with getting the important details right. You’ll be able to view things at both 3 and 33,000 feet.
- Proven ability to translate complex concepts into clear and compelling narratives that rally and inspire global audiences.
- Experience with measurable goal setting using data and KPIs to manage and report on the effectiveness of projects.
- Experience with tools such as Dynamic Signal, Poppulo, SocialChorus and others is a plus
What do our team think?
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
"No two days are ever the same – we’re growing at an incredible rate, and our work takes many forms. We’re always learning together, challenging the status quo, and achieving crazy big goals that take communications at Canva to new heights. It’s the perfect place to develop new skills, make lifelong friends, achieve goals you never imagined and to truly do the best work of your life" - Lachlan Andrews, Canva Communications Lead, 2021 Join the team on their journey to great things - APPLY NOW!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.