We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition and Team Happiness (HR) teams to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. The Talent Acquisition practice at Canva is cutting-edge, leveraging the latest recruitment technologies and platforms and promoting a very data-driven approach to optimizing the efficiency and performance of the Talent Acquisition function. As a result of this exciting growth, the People team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to support Canva's recruitment lifecycle for software engineers.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva success - we’ve hired some of the best engineers, designers, growth marketers and product managers from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative recruiter to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future.
As our Technical Recruiter
, you will focus on recruitment initiatives in Sydney across our Backend and Frontend Software Engineering team. You will help profile, identify, attract, and assess both active and passive prospects and guide them on their journey to becoming Canvanauts. You will be passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience and act as the primary advocate for candidates leading them through the recruiting and interviewing process, connecting them to the magic of working at Canva.
What you'll be doing:
- You will share the Canva story, vision and culture with prospective candidates and act as a brand ambassador when representing Canva and job opportunities in the external marketplaces.
- Proactively sourcing for active and passive talent in the market, with attention to software engineers and Engineering Leaders, converting them into successful hires
- Screening of inbound applications across the various recruitment platforms and technologies utilised by the Talent Acquisition Team.
- The end-to-end guidance of individuals through Canva’s standard interview process - from application qualification, phone screening, to face-to-face interviews, through to offer and close.
- Work with recruiters and hiring managers to understand hiring needs and execute recruitment strategies for each position. This also involves managing stakeholders across Sydney and ensuring that there is clarity on the recruitment process and progress.
- Ensuring integrity of data and the free-flow of information by meticulous note-taking and utilisation of our applicant tracking tools and platforms
- Promote and support the data-driven talent acquisition approach and strive for constant collaboration across Sydney.
- Market mapping organisations with passive talent in line with the needs of Canva’s engineering team
What we're looking for:
- A fundamental understanding of technology concepts, specifically with respect to software development.
- 3-7 years Tech recruitment experience hiring Software Engineers, preferably on a global scale.
- Previous experience as an internal technical recruiter, ideally for local and off-shore recruitment.
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain successful stakeholder relationships across the business and different stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills - you will have to be comfortable writing job descriptions, email templates, engaging in candidate correspondence, and managing internal communication across the team.
- An interest in high-growth technology startup companies.
- A highly motivated recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck on various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
Benefits and Total Rewards
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, remote work options and a culture of balance driven from the top
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team, for those in our Sydney HQ
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Interstate relocation assistance for folks who desire to relocate to Sydney HQ
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.