- Experience Hybrid working arrangements in a flexible environment.
- Permanent role based in Sydney.
REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
The Business Analyst role sits within REA Financial Services which is headed up by Anthony Waldron, CEO Financial Services. For most Australians, buying property also means finding finance. Yet to date, the search for property and the search for finance have been managed separately. The Financial Services team is working to change this, and to make realestate.com.au the place Australians trust to search, find and finance property. With our rich database of consumer information, intense focus on the property search experience, digital home loan capability, and our network of around 1,000 Mortgage Choice brokers around the country, we are uniquely positioned to make finding the right finance part of finding the right home.
What the role is all about
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is passionate about agile solution delivery and ready for accepting changes in the fast-moving world. You will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between business needs and technical solutions. You will be working collaboratively with product managers, technical team members, and other stakeholders across the organisation to help deliver and support both broker-facing and operation-efficiency solutions. As a Business Analyst, you will be engaged and responsible for the initial stage of solution design as well as the delivery of products and services in a collaborative team environment using agile methods. The role requires full involvement throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – from concept and requirements through specification, development, testing and release.
The Business Analyst supports the teams in the following ways:
- Production Support: Helping with Zendesk monitoring for Business as Usual (BAU) issues, performing initial analysis, creating defect cards and helping prioritize them in the backlog
- Requirement Elicitation: Collaborating with Product Managers to understand complex FS business landscapes and clearly articulating business needs from a diverse group of stakeholders during Discovery phase
- High-Level Solution Analysis: Working closely with Tech Leads, Lead Dev, and Developers to analyse data and systems, develop high-level solution, and identify impacts
- Documentation: Translating business requirements into clear, concise, testable and accurate user stories; creating business process flows, diagrams and other visualisations as needed to assist in understanding functional requirements
- Communication: Liaising with stakeholders, including Product Managers, Delivery Leads, Developers and Quality Analysts, to ensure that requirements are understood through story kick offs and consistent communication applying a variety of analysis and visualisation techniques to enhance joint understanding of processes, functions and data
- Development Support: Collaborating with the squad team to provide guidance on how the requirements are implemented while addressing any requirement-related questions or issues that arise during the delivery process
- RAIDD Registration: Recording RAIDD (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies, and Decisions) documents and communicating any requirement dependencies, issues or risks identified through the analysis process
- Backlog readiness: Building and maintaining the backlog to ensure that the squad has stories ready for development at least 2 sprint in advance
- Backlog Prioritisation & Refinement: Contributing to the team’s understanding and prioritisation of work during sprint planning and backlog refinement
- Estimation: Participating in estimation sessions by describing the requirements and clarifying any questions raised
- Team Ceremony Participation: Facilitating and actively participating in team ceremonies including but not limited to sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and showcase sessions
- BA Chapter Contribution: Contributing to the BrokerX Business Analyst (BA) Chapter, sharing knowledge, best practices, and insights with the BA community
- Agile practices: Contributing to incremental team process improvement
Who we’re looking for
- At minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in digital product delivery
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Demonstrate a keen technical aptitude with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and provide fresh insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficient in running workshops and effectively communicate with Product Managers, Delivery Leads, Developers, and other stakeholders across the organisation
- Technical fluency, enabling the understanding and documentation of technical requirements
- Embrace changes and work productively in a fast paced and agile environment
- Experience with agile project methodologies
- Open-minded, with a strong commitment to collaborative learning and resilience
- Business Analysis Certification (e.g. CBAP, PBA or similar) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with data analysis, SQL, and/or BigQuery database technologies will be a plus
- Prior experience in mortgage or lending will be a plus
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. We're proud to be Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. While we're looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a bit more through our various social channels?