This role is for HomeMade - a related entity of Mable
HomeMade is a related entity to Mable and operate as a completely separate business, however both have a shared vision for self-management.
We are a health-tech start-up established in 2020, focusing on transforming home care in Australia through our creative approach which is designed to support people in achieving their goals whilst living at home.
Leveraging on our technology platform, we are an approved provider that specialise in self-management. We partner with our customers to create unique support plans that meet their needs and optimise their funds, making the most out of their Home Care Package (HCP). Our approach is simple and keeps people in control of their package, funding, and support.
To find out more, click here
An exciting opportunity exists to join our team as a Quality, Risk and Compliance Team Leader, helping older people to live the life they want.
Reporting directly to the Head of Quality and Safeguarding, you will be working closely with all areas of the business to manage the Quality, Risk and Compliance requirements, and leading a small team, to deliver a high-quality service experience as our customers go through all stages of the HomeMade journey.
Day to day will see you responsible for:
People & Leadership
- Lead the Incident and Complaints Specialists, and provide immediate supervision to them for the day-to-day requirements of their roles.
- Supervise, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure a high-performing team environment where team members work to their full potential in a complex mobile/remote workforce environment.
- Deliver a high standard of employee experience through a leadership approach that promotes the inclusive culture, vision and values of HomeMade.
Quality, Risk and Compliance
- Effectively develop, implement and manage quality and risk activities, including internal audit schedules, to ensure organisational compliance with all Approved Provider and legislative obligations.
- Through audit activities, identify gaps and areas for development and guide the business to formulate effective corrective actions and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide a structured approach and expert support for business teams to continuously update the HomeMade Self-Assessment, ensuring opportunities to strengthen the organisation are identified and promoted, particularly as they relate to the Aged Care Quality Standards..
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the organisation’s risk management framework.
- Review suitability of monitoring and measurement of the service and corporate objectives relating to customer safety, clinical indicators, risk and governance, providing advice to update and improve as required.
- Work with the Head of Quality and Safeguarding to ensure that HomeMade services and supports are delivered in accordance with the Aged Care Act and the Aged Care Quality Standards.
Incidents and Complaints
- Lead a team of Incident and Complaint Specialists, supporting them to be a primary point of contact for team members requiring subject-matter expertise on incident and complaint investigation and management.
- Ensure the Incidents and Complaints team are capable and effective in communicating with customers, informal carers and service providers in relation to quality, safety, risk and complaints.
- Lead the Incidents and Complaints team, to operate efficiently using service and technology solutions to achieve key business metrics.
- Monitor, review, and report on incidents and complaints at all levels of the business identifying trends and areas of opportunity.
- Ensure the response, investigation, documentation, reporting and escalation of incidents is managed to a high standard, including fulfilling obligations in relation to reportable incidents for aged care (Serious Incident Reporting Scheme).
- Work in partnership with the Leadership team to ensure that all employees with a responsibility for handling incidents and complaints have received training appropriate to their role.
- Work closely with Service and Support teams to ensure correct foundations are in place to deliver a consistent and high-quality customer service.
Your Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in Home and Community Care, ideally with Aged Care experience.
- Significant experience in organisational accreditation processes, ideally working with the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Demonstrated experience of guiding and influencing operational teams to effectively implement and address corrective actions and achieve quality improvements.
- Ability to investigate, manage and resolve customer complaints at a Supervisor level and to train others in these skills.
- Demonstrated experience preparing high-quality responses to complaints and incidents to external regulatory bodies.
- Ability to reach key performance indicators.
- Ability to mentor and coach individuals and teams for success.
Who you will be working with
You would be joining our team, a group of people who know they can make a difference to their customers. We are an efficient, contemporary, and customer-focused business that works in a Supportive family-friendly working environment.
The values we live by
🏼PUT PEOPLE FIRST - People and relationships matter most
🪁 FOSTER FREEDOM - Life should be lived in a way that makes sense for you, without unnecessary controls or external restrictions
💖DO THE RIGHT THING - What is fair, honest, open, ethical, and transparent
💡BE BOLD - With a vision to imagine and create a brighter future
Life at HomeMade
🏠 Hybrid set-up - Work from home or in the office (depending on what suits your circumstance). Our Head Office is in Sydney's CBD near Town Hall station.
💕 We care - Be surrounded by a supportive, family-friendly working environment.
🪴 Keep growing with us - Ongoing career development opportunities.
🎉Floating Public Holidays - Our Floating Public Holidays policy is just one way the company demonstrates its commitment to the wellbeing of our people and to creating a culture of greater inclusion.
🙋🏼♂️ Volunteer day - One paid day per calendar year to volunteer for your community. We encourage you to volunteer in the disability or aged care sector, but it’s your choice!
🌴 Wellbeing day - Enjoy a paid day each calendar year to focus on your health and wellbeing.
❤️🩹 Employee Assistance Program - A 24/7 service that includes counselling for you and your immediate family.
👨🏻👩🏻👧🏻👦🏻 Improved parental leave - We support our employees through their parental leave journey to enable them to balance work and family matters and successfully transition to their new life stage as working parents.
We are one
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If this role has stood out to you but you don’t feel like you ‘tick all the boxes’, we strongly encourage you to apply nonetheless. We value diversity across experience and you might well just bring something to HomeMade that we are looking for!
One thing about HomeMade is we love to chat and we aren’t ready to give up that human touch. If you have any queries or questions about the opportunity or would like to have a confidential discussion.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.