- Experience Hybrid working arrangements in a flexible
- Permanent role based in Melbourne
REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
This role sits within the Agency Marketplace Tribe in the Customer Product & Experience group. Agency Marketplace Tribe consists of 3 squads, however this Senior Delivery Lead role will be responsible for 2 squads. You’ll have the opportunity in Agency Marketplace to make a huge impact on the evolution of REA’s recent Pro Subscription product which has been released to our customers. You'll also have the opportunity to helped build out the place where our customers can market themselves and grow their seller leads.
What the role is all about
- You will form a part of the Marketplace Leadership team for Marketplace, and be jointly accountable for team health, happiness and performance.
- Positively contribute to the culture of your team, build engagement and morale, be involved in recruiting, set structure and processes and build and maintain a high performing team.
- Line management responsibility of up to 6-8 REA team members, who will require you to mentor them, identify skill gaps, establish development plans and conduct performance reviews.
- Work collaboratively with our partners who will operate as an extension of your team.
- Responsible for your team’s capital and operational expenses in line with the Marketplace Budget
- Facilitate and drive the end to end delivery of initiatives across cross-functional and agile team.
- Take the lead at the inception phase to ensure that initiatives are scoped, planned and resourced appropriately.
- Create transparency of deliverables for stakeholders via fit for purpose reporting.
- Work closely with our Product team to facilitate scope and priority conversations.
- Be responsible for the day to day operations of the team, balancing BAU work, platform health and custodianship with the delivery of new features.
- Keep senior stakeholders up to ELT informed and engaged, manage risks and issues and coordinate releases.
- Manage external and internal delivery dependencies.
- Ensure successful implementation of technology strategies that align with REA Strategies.
- Work with our Tech Leads and Architect to assess new technologies and ensure our technology decisions align to REA best practice and can be operationalised.
- You need to use your experience to make an impactful contribution to REA beyond your immediate stream of work.
- You need to take an active role in mentoring others
- Need to make a contribution to the Delivery and broader Tech communities to continue to improve our capabilities.
Who we’re looking for
- Practical knowledge of agile software delivery methodologies
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced leadership, coordination, motivational, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Project management skills, ideally with program management experience
- Developed understanding of web technologies and complex systems
- Skills in line managing and mentoring people
- Experience leading technology projects using broad range of agile methodologies and in a variety of settings, including distributed teams.
- Technical experience in software development projects as a developer, business analyst or similar highly desirable
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.