REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
The Senior Sponsorship & Events Manager role sits within the Customer Marketing & Commercial Effectiveness team, a team focused on driving our customers’ success by delivering exceptional value through tailored marketing, research and events programs. This team forms part of the Customer group, headed up by Chief Customer Officer Kul Singh.
Reporting into the Head of Loyalty you will work to execute events for our customers and our internal teams. In this role, you’ll experience interesting, challenging and varied work while helping us solve problems creatively and bring new ideas to life.
What the role is all about
Leading and overseeing the delivery of key customer and internal event programs across REA Group. You will be leading a team and working on a portfolio of events that span across the entire business.
- Work with the Customer Loyalty team to develop the event program for the year, in line with broader business objectives, and oversee the execution
- Running events end to end autonomously
- Deliver a variety of events programs including B2B events targeted at customers, education based events and high end customer incentive trips, Industry Awards nights and internal events for our people – all to drive loyalty and sentiment
- Support the delivery of the client hospitality program
- Support the Head of Loyalty by playing a significant role in short and long term strategic planning for the overall customer program – we’re always looking at new and better ideas and approaches!
- Manage contract approvals with legal and ensure commitments and payments are made on time.
- Update and maintain an accurate event calendar
- Keep abreast of market intelligence to provide relevant information around industry events and competitor activity.
- Maintain and disseminate brand image guidelines; ensure the appearance and integrity of our brand is maintained through all our event touch points.
- Complete quarterly reconciliation of the Sponsorship and Events budget to ensure that the budget is tracking against forecasts, resources are fully utilized and that the business is maximising ROI on spend.
- Ensure contractual commitments are delivered; keep up to date records of spend for finance reporting requirements.
- Deliver post-campaign reporting and evaluation for all events, including ROI assessment and recommendations for future activity.
- Travel and out of hours events is a crucial part of this role (we do make sure you get this time back – but this is not a 9-5 role)
- Ensure all projects are delivered to a high standard, on time and on budget
- Work cross functionally across REA Group
- Consult with stakeholders across the business to make prompt and clear decisions.
- Adopt a whole business perspective when solving issues and developing plans as well as ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Coach, mentor and supervise direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform in their role whilst recognizing their potential.
- Ensure team members are compliant with company policies and procedures and adhere to the REA values.
- Be accountable for identifying and managing long-term risks associated with decisions and proactively develop plans to manage these within the scope of your role.
Who we’re looking for
- 8+ years of event management.
- High attention to detail and problem solving
- Proven experience thriving and succeeding in fast-paced high growth environment across multiple segments
- An excellent communicator, able to liaise with stakeholders from all functions often, at all levels
- Strong project management skills, from concept to execution
- Display inspirational and visible leadership
- Demonstrated experience in events management
- Proven experience in running large scale events (500+) as well as international programs.
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and expertise. We need someone who is going to fit in with the team and company culture. That means you also need to be:
- Strategically minded and commercially focused
- Solutions focussed.
- Works productively in a fast faced and agile environment.
- Savvy minded and has the ability to think a little left of field / outside the box
- A strong and creative communicator
- Digitally savvy (being a tech company, we need to know that you love all things tech)
- Friendly, approachable and have good relationship management skills
- High emotional intelligence i.e. self-awareness!
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. We're proud to be Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. While we're looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a bit more through our various social channels?