- Experience Hybrid working arrangements in a flexible environment
- Permanent role based in Melbourne
REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
End User Computing sits in the Enterprise Tech Tribe within the Tech and Data team. The Tech and Data team is responsible for providing the technology and data platforms underpinning REA's products, services and operations. The team consists of around 80 people, which are distributed across the Global Infrastructure and Architecture, Security, Enterprise Tech and Data Services teams.
The Enterprise Tech team is responsible for making our 1400 global employees happy and productive by empowering them with technology. Our lean and agile team is home to some of the world’s best software, hardware and system engineers. Our continued investment in technology is marked by a passion to create the best experience for our employees, who in turn create the best property experiences for our large numbers of consumers and customers. The Enterprise Tech team supports all our lines of business, functional units and overseas ventures.
What the role is all about
- Offer technical support and advice on device and user management for all REA Staff – this includes account provisioning and deprovisioning, access to SaaS based applications and imaging and enrolling devices which staff require to fulfil their roles
- Contribute to the Hardware Lifecycle of all employees (New Starters & Terminations)
- Provide technical escalation to the Technical Support Specialist team and assist with projects when required
- Travel to other REA offices on a rotational basis to offer support to REA staff
- Contributes to the Enterprise Tech strategy of encouraging self-service for staff to more effectively resolve technical problems and requests by looking at proactive and innovative ways of providing them with the information to do so e.g. Interactive and engaging knowledge base articles, digital dashboard content, automated macros within our ticket management platform, developing scripts to automate business process and delivering showcases to share knowledge
- Contribute to broader Enterprise Tech projects as required by the Project Leads and/or team.
Who we’re looking for
- Someone with a few runs on the board – at least 24 months in a similar support role
- Someone with an exceptional work ethic, attitude and customer service outlook
- Someone who can take ownership of the end-to-end IT experience for all REA staff regardless of their location
- Solid knowledge of Windows Desktop Platforms (Windows 7, 10), Apple Mac Platforms (MacOS & UNIX fundamentals). Mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Understanding of cloud computing standards and related technologies
- Understanding of mobile device management platforms, SOE deployment technologies and best practices
- Basic understanding of network concepts, (Routers, switches, LAN/WAN), troubleshoot and break down hardware and software issues
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Video Conferencing and Telephony Support, Security, MalWare, SPAM and modern technology practices
- Understanding of best practice IT service management frameworks and experience using a IT Service Management Platform and ticketing system
- Qualifications in aligned technologies (e.g. certifications) highly desirable
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities in a busy work environment, displaying flexibility in reacting to changing task allocations. Looks at tricky situations through a solutions-focused lens
- Work productively in a fast paced and agile environment - #gsd (urban dictionary will help on this one!)
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.