- Help us become the #1 in Property Data.
- Experience Hybrid working arrangements in a flexible environment.
- Permanent role which can be based in either Richmond or Sydney.
REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
REA is evolving how it leverages data and technology to deliver benefits for customers. After the acquisition of PropTrack in May-18, and following large growth in recent years, we are now looking for an experienced Business Analyst to help build the systems and applications of B2B API and web application solutions for the banking sector.
PropTrack provides property data and technical platform solutions to customers in the financial and government sectors. The Engineering Team within PropTrack works together to deliver solutions to our internal and external customers. It is the core delivery centre for developing solutions to meet customer priorities and align with PropTrack’s technology strategy.
What the role is all about
We are looking for a Business Analyst who is passionate about agile solution delivery. You will be working collaboratively with our external clients and internal product and technical team members to help deliver and support PropTrack’s B2B API and web application solutions for the banking sector. The Business Analyst Supports the teams in the following ways:
- Understanding complex business landscapes and clearly articulating business needs from a varied group of stakeholders;
- Translating business requirements into clear, concise, testable and accurate user stories & process flows;
- Liaising with major-bank and internal stakeholders (Clients, Product Owners, Delivery Leads, Developers and Quality Analysts) documenting and diagramming business requirements and processes to assist with understanding functional requirements;
- Generation of requirement and solution design documents, business process diagrams, data dictionaries, requirement analysis maps, user stories and use cases, interface specification documents, functional and non-functional specification documents;
- Ensuring that requirements are understood through story kick offs and constant communication using a variety of analysis and documentation techniques including the application of visualisation techniques to underpin joint understanding of processes and data;
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand and advise on how the requirements are implemented;
- Communicating any requirement dependencies, issues or risks identified through the analysis process;
- Contributing to the team’s understanding and prioritisation during planning meetings and retrospectives;
- Contributing to Showcases;
- Participating in estimation sessions by describing the requirements and clarifying any questions raised;
- Addressing any requirement questions or issues that arise during the delivery process;
- Using your analytical skills to support production issues;
- Facilitating and participating in team standups, retrospectives & iteration planning sessions;
- Communicating constantly with key stakeholders, team mates and other people throughout the company;
- Contributing to the REA BA Guild;
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ experience as a BA in digital product delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to run workshops and to communicate effectively with Product Owners, Delivery Leads, Developers, External Clients and other stakeholders across the organisation
- Creative problem solver with a keen technical aptitude, able to quickly grasp concepts and add new insights
- Technical fluency, able to understand and document technical requirements
- Ability to author high-quality customer-facing project documents
- Work productively in a fast paced and agile environment
- Experience with XML and JSON API solutions
- Experience with data analysis, SQL, MSSQL Server and/or BigQuery database technologies
- Experience with both waterfall and agile project methodologies
- Significant exposure to release/testing/change management workflows
- Business Analysis Certification (e.g. CBAP, PBA or similar) or equivalent industry experience
- Prior experience in mortgage or lending will be a plus
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.