Junior/Senior Systems Engineer
- Opportunities for growth and career development at both the Junior and Senior level
- Join a high performing team committed to your growth
- Flexible, agile working
About the Role
As an integral member of our High Frequency defence team, you will work as part of an integrated product team providing a range of engineering services in support of the design, delivery, acceptance and sustainment of the Enhanced Defence High Frequency Communications System, and other related projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform complex systems engineering activities in support of software and hardware product design and delivery, system analysis, acceptance testing and certification.
- Contribute to system designs with respect to statutory and regulatory requirements
- Conduct activities in accordance with project plans and timelines within established practices and standards, whilst seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- Support the integration and testing of hardware, software and communications systems in an integration facility and at operational sites across Australia.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Australia and the UK to drive program outcomes & ensure delivery.
You will thrive working within a complex forward thinking environment and ideally possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering.
- Systems engineering experience coupled with RF, HF and communications is desirable.
- Exposure to defining requirements, interface definition, subsystem design, installation supervision, set to work, and commissioning.
- Well established verbal and written communication skills, with ability to engage with all business stakeholders.
Babcock welcomes applications from candidates with all backgrounds, and experiences, however, due to the defence orientation of the role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance, as defined by the AGSVA guidelines
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.