Babcock New Zealand is looking for a Calibration Technician to join the Devonport based team.
About the role
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of test equipment, ensuring their accuracy and reliability. Your technical expertise in fault finding and calibration will be essential in meeting customer specifications and maintaining high-quality standards. Collaboration within a supportive team environment is a key aspect of this role, allowing you to learn and grow while contributing to the success of the Calibration Centre.
Additionally, your skills in reviewing and generating technical reports, interpreting and creating technical procedures, and researching and complying with internationally recognised standards make you a valuable asset to the team. If you are passionate about precision and technical excellence, this position offers a rewarding career path in a dynamic and technically advanced field.
Join us in maintaining the reputation and integrity of our company through your dedication to quality and compliance.
- $44 to $55 per hour – experience and qualification dependent
- Full time – 40 hours per week
- Additional allowances based on qualifications
- Calibration and Repair: Carry out calibration and repair activities on test equipment, identifying and rectifying faults as necessary.
- Maintenance and Compliance: Ensure that all maintenance, repair, and calibration of equipment is completed on schedule, meeting customer specifications and complying with requirements.
- Diverse Equipment: Calibrate and repair a wide range of general-purpose and highly specialised test equipment and test sets, highlighting any failures or delays to turnaround.
- Test Procedure Development: Develop and review test procedures when required to enhance the calibration process.
- Teamwork and Communication: Collaborate within a team to achieve delivery of unit outputs, communicate effectively with end users and customers, and maintain good business relations.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Fault Finding: Proficient in identifying and resolving faults in test equipment.
- Technical Reporting: Capable of generating technical reports with recommendations for calibration and repair activities.
- Precision Equipment: Skilled in the use of a wide range of precision Test and Measurement Equipment.
Highly desirable but not essential
- Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) Software: Development of computer-controlled Automatic Test Equipment software within Excel or other calibration software packages, such as MetCal.
- Previous work at an ISO 17025 compliant laboratory: As an approved signatory or KTP.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req #53081