We’re powered by purpose
Mable is an online platform connecting Australians looking for disability and aged care support to independent support workers. Since 2014, we’ve been helping our community live their kind of independence, and today we’re one of Australia's largest and fastest growing healthtech platforms.
We have been recognised in AFR’s Fast 100 list, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50, and won the Australian Growth & Australian Technology Growth Company of the Year Award in 2020! So don’t miss your opportunity to join a thriving scale-up and deliver change to Australia’s care and support sector.
Location: Sydney , Melbourne or Brisbane.
What will I be doing?
- Work as part of a cross-functional squad to deliver high-quality features
- Assist in maintaining the product backlog alongside the product manager by providing technical input on initiative prioritisation and ensuring epics are broken down into uniformly sized tasks and sequenced for delivery
- Promote sound, modern engineering practices and tools within the squad (TDD, pair programming, efficient branching strategies, etc)
- Teach and mentor your squad on our technology and the ways of working
- Work on non-functional requirements of our software projects alongside our Infrastructure Engineers
- Collaborate and recommend DevOps practices including CI/CD pipelines.
What are we looking for?
- Strong experience in Ruby on Rails, focusing mainly on API (GraphQL) development.
- Previous team lead experience.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks like RSpec.
- Familiarity with the testing pyramid.
- Good understanding of git, Gitflow, and GitHub Actions.
- Understanding of software design patterns and when to use them.
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented mindset.
- Always leave the code you are working on a little bit better than you found it.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Angular.
- Knowledge of AWS and Docker.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Datadog.
- Kubernetes deployment experience.
We’re Switched On
We know our customers because we listen and want to learn. We engage within the community and the sector and always act on insights.
We’re ambitious and embrace creativity to solve challenges. We’re here to reshape the industry and back big ideas.
We channel our passion into a positive environment. We welcome diversity and collaborate to make the most of our different skills and ways of thinking.
We work hard to deliver change. We innovate and move fast to make a difference in the sector and people’s lives.
Power your career ⚡️
Learn from industry experts, experienced leaders, and on-the-job opportunities.
Work away 🌎
Get a creative boost working overseas for 4 weeks in a rolling 12-month period.
Access parental leave 👶
Get 14 weeks of paid leave for primary carers and 6 weeks of paid leave for secondary carers plus superannuation.
Work with flexibility 🏠
We’re a hybrid workplace. Collaborate at home or in the office - whatever works for you and your team.
Take a floating public holiday 🏾
Acknowledge a significant day your way with family and friends.
Be rewarded 🏆
Celebrate wins and recognise great performance with an easy and accessible Reward and Recognition program.
Get paid to take a break 🏝️
Celebrate your birthday, take a wellbeing break, volunteer - access paid leave days for what makes you happy.
Inclusion at Mable
Mable is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
People with lived experience of disability or personal experience with the aged care system are strongly encouraged to apply.
We’re endorsed by Work180 which showcases our commitment to our policies, flexible working and inclusion practices for women in tech.
If this role has stood out to you but you don’t feel like you ‘tick all the boxes’, we strongly encourage you to apply nonetheless. We value diversity across experience and you might well bring something to the Mablehood we are looking for!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Where to find us online